Burnley

Spanish

44 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Did Burnley buy anyone in the January window? Bringing in players then seems to have done neither us nor Boro any good whatsoever.

James Tarkowski for £3 million from Brentford as centre back competition/ / potential replacement for Keane should he be sold.  Doubt we would have seen him play yet but for Keane suffering a concussion and having to miss a couple of games.

Also picked up Lloyd Dyer on a free for a bit of depth / impact pace from the bench but he's yet to reach Dyche's fitness level demands.

29 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Is it called " The Ginger Way" up there ? 

No, but mostly because that sounds like a horrific euphemism for his 'happy trail'.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ClaretMatt said:

James Tarkowski for £3 million from Brentford as centre back competition/ / potential replacement for Keane should he be sold.  Doubt we would have seen him play yet but for Keane suffering a concussion and having to miss a couple of games.

Also picked up Lloyd Dyer on a free for a bit of depth / impact pace from the bench but he's yet to reach Dyche's fitness level demands.

No, but mostly because that sounds like a horrific euphemism for his 'happy trail'.

Obviously fitness wise George Thorne must be a target if you get promoted...:ph34r:

3 hours ago, ClaretMatt said:

Telling. ......no alleged upgrades on current squad. Seems like dyche is much more careful with squad balance and harmony than clement was.

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Telling. ......no alleged upgrades on current squad. Seems like dyche is much more careful with squad balance and harmony than clement was.

It has it's drawbacks.  Last season we had 2 central midfielders in January and were crying out for another, we put all our eggs in one Graham-Dorrans-shaped basket and when that fell through were left with no backup (no emergency loans in Prem), 1 week later Marney did his cruciate and from that point we had no chance.  It's finding the balance, this year we seem to have it but plenty of drama left in this season...

What we need to do is kidnap Dyche and stick McClaren in there with a Dyche mask on, we'd need to teach McClaren how to talk like he's on 200 a day though which could be difficult but its doable.. that way Burnley become piss poor at defending...

not that we're likely to catch them now anyway :lol:.

12 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

What we need to do is kidnap Dyche and stick McClaren in there with a Dyche mask on, we'd need to teach McClaren how to talk like he's on 200 a day though which could be difficult but its doable.. that way Burnley become piss poor at defending...

not that we're likely to catch them now anyway :lol:.

Agent Schteve picked up the dutch accent quickly enough and I have it on good authority that he strolls into work now giving 'Why ayes' to everyone he meets and whistling 'Fog on the Tyne'. Stick him in a room with Dyche for a day and he'd be talking like a squeaky voiced chain-smoker and moaning that he didn't have a pot to pi$s in in no time at all.

However if it's at all possible I'd like him to stay at the Toon to finish the excellent job he has started.

I have my suspicions that Burnley's good run may be about to finally hit the buffers however.

Sean Dyche has just been annointed with the never welcome turd that is the  "Manager of the Month" award for February..... It has managed to cause wobbles for the teams of Karanka, Big Mick, Lee Carsley and the Bruce already.

Time for Dyche to feel it's wicked sting! :D

On 11/03/2016 at 11:16, ipad1977 said:

I have my suspicions that Burnley's good run may be about to finally hit the buffers however.

Sean Dyche has just been annointed with the never welcome turd that is the  "Manager of the Month" award for February..... It has managed to cause wobbles for the teams of Karanka, Big Mick, Lee Carsley and the Bruce already.

Time for Dyche to feel it's wicked sting! :D

Either Dyche is impervious to curses or it's a slow burner...

I have nothing against Burnley other than they bore me to tears and they will offer nothing in the Premier League other than a quick relegation back to the Championship, where they'll win autos again.

I feel all three promoted teams, whoever they are, will come crashing back down again.

Burnley are seemingly the only one resembling some sort of team at the moment, yet their style of football will only ever get them about 30 points in the Premier League.

Newcastle or Sunderland, whichever stays up, will be better next season and the likes of Swansea, West Brom, Bournemouth and Watford are alrady much better than Burnley and will spend more.

Dyche is doing a great job. But Burnley will never establish themselves in the PL unless they change their playing style to a more progresive one like Bournemouth or spend massive sums which won't happen.

Besides. Which decent player will actually want to play for Burnley? An Andre Gray type is probably the best they'll get.

On 09/03/2016 at 20:24, Archie said:

And to think at one point in December they were sitting 6pts behind us in 5th and most of this very forum was writing them off saying the gap was too large and it was a 4 team race between us, ull, boro and brighton - where is that thread? Would make interesting reading now.

Football has taught me many things but nothing more than to assume the season is done and dusted in December....

Funny thing about that thread, "is it 2 from 4" is that I'm not sure if you could even nail down a 4 now. Come May the top 2 could have a decent gap to 3rd or 4th. You just don't know in this league!

On 3/10/2016 at 17:06, ClaretMatt said:

It has it's drawbacks.  Last season we had 2 central midfielders in January and were crying out for another, we put all our eggs in one Graham-Dorrans-shaped basket and when that fell through were left with no backup (no emergency loans in Prem), 1 week later Marney did his cruciate and from that point we had no chance.  It's finding the balance, this year we seem to have it but plenty of drama left in this season...

No need to tell us about injury problems - half our squad was out end of last season with no suitable replacements, which is why we went mental buying every man and his dog this season.

Good luck to Burnley though - I might not like Dyche, but I don't have a problem with the rest of the club. 

Archived