Are BORO Bottling It Now ????

TETRA

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 wins in 8 is hardly screaming a promotion team, don't think their bottling it its more teams have worked them out and they are so slow. Add in the fact their changing their system to accommodate Rhodes who in my opinion doesn't look like he fits their style of play then its not exactly a shock to see them struggling. 

It makes it even worse that we've had our annual meltdown, because this league is so inconsistent, all the teams at the top have had major drops in form, 82-84 points could be enough this season, can't see us getting to that total now though.

They seemed to get through their little wobble by going unbeaten in February but this is a shocker for their chances. Just shows how you can't take games in hand for granted.

We're a couple of wins off being right in the mixer but a couple of wins is a big ask for us at the moment. 

5 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

2 wins in 8 is hardly screaming a promotion team, don't think their bottling it its more teams have worked them out and they are so slow. Add in the fact their changing their system to accommodate Rhodes who in my opinion doesn't look like he fits their style of play then its not exactly a shock to see them struggling. 

It makes it even worse that we've had our annual meltdown, because this league is so inconsistent, all the teams at the top have had major drops in form, 82-84 points could be enough this season, can't see us getting to that total now though.

Your so right, Rhodes can't play with a strike partner successfully, that's why he's never worth the silly money Boro  paid for him.

1 minute ago, Leicester Ram said:

Exceedingly irritating that the league is just crying out for a consistent team to go and win it this year, which could have been us.

Hope we make he play-off's though, because it's so mental this year I wouldn't be surprised if we fluked our way up.

I would. 

18 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Exceedingly irritating that the league is just crying out for a consistent team to go and win it this year, which could have been us.

Hope we make he play-off's though, because it's so mental this year I wouldn't be surprised if we fluked our way up.

I think we will make play offs!  Looking at the fixture and working top 5 points out ! 

Burnley 90 

Hull 87 

Boro 84 

Brighton 83 

Rams 82 

So I'm predicting Brighton in the play offs again ! 

Of course this is all just in my vivid imagination anything could happen !

38 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I think we will make play offs!  Looking at the fixture and working top 5 points out ! 

Burnley 90 

Hull 87 

Boro 84 

Brighton 83 

Rams 82 

I think your way off the mark with that top five final finish's & points totals.

Not that we won't make the Play Offs though, that's still more than possible now, or at least should be.

9 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Burnley 90 

Hull 87 

Boro 84 

Brighton 83 

Rams 82 

Or we could get Brighton in the playoff final...

All I'm thinking is Zamora now...

After the match, Karanka said: “I think today everybody in Middlesbrough will be happy because everybody wanted to play with two strikers and we played two today so maybe everybody is happy even when we have lost the game.”

Asked if the persistent talk of 4-4-2 was annoying, he added: “No, because for me the main thing is to try and win the games and today I decided to play with two because I thought it was the best thing and we are going to play more times with two.

“Again, if I have made the people happy playing with two strikers when we have lost the game it’s good for them.”

Pressure getting to Aitor? 

Karanka is feeling the heat, for someone who's had an open cheque book he's not half making a pigs ear of it, he had his settled team and system, granted it was getting a bit found out but they were winning games, now he's bought 2 or 3 players and it might have destroyed the morale, a bit like us. 

9m for Rhodes who hadn't scored in about 10 games... *cough blackman cough* all over it, but 6m pound more, and he's criticising the fans now hahaha, not really smart is it. 

6 hours ago, Tombo said:

Or we could get Brighton in the playoff final...

All I'm thinking is Zamora now...

Don't condone violence on the pitch, but if we got Brighton at Wembley then I'd happily advocate someone launching Zamora into row Z at the earliest opportunity.

6 hours ago, Daveo said:

Boro will walk this league.

Walking it. Professor Xavier style....

Archived