Defensive midfielder

Derbyram1

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

4-4-2. Perhaps it's time to finally throw the last vestiges of the 13/14 side on the fire. Go with Butters and Thorne in the middle, Johnson left, Hendrick right, bent and Blackman top. Maybe Camara right wing because he is warrior. Hi

Hello Nigel, I'm glad things are going ok for you at Burton...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

His fitness level as with the rest of the team is shocking, he was taken off against Blackburn as he was knackered.

We all have our opinions but I don't share the fact he was good against Blackburn, if he played so well then why did our 2 central defenders have to deal with every ball? Should his role be one of someone that protects the back 4?? On which occasion did he do this??

Because every ball forward from Blackburn was 10 feet above his head maybe?

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Because every ball forward from Blackburn was 10 feet above his head maybe?

Which goes back to my original point......why does the management not swap our CDM for an attacking player when there is no point to him being on the pitch.

Just now, Derbyram1 said:

Which goes back to my original point......why does the management not swap our CDM for an attacking player when there is no point to him being on the pitch.

And why didn't he drop back a bit to help out Keogh & Shackell in dealing with the long balls? Our CDM's usually never move more than 2 feet away from our defenders normally anyway.

12 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

And why didn't he drop back a bit to help out Keogh & Shackell in dealing with the long balls? Our CDM's usually never move more than 2 feet away from our defenders normally anyway.

So you don't want him in the team because he plays too deep but you also wanted him to drop back and help Keogh and Shackell out?

Saying we don't need a CDM and Hanson is not ready are 2 completely different arguments.

If he's not ready at the age of 20 maybe your argument is that he is not good enough?

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So you don't want him in the team because he plays too deep but you also wanted him to drop back and help Keogh and Shackell out?

Saying we don't need a CDM and Hanson is not ready are 2 completely different arguments.

If he's not ready at the age of 20 maybe your argument is that he is not good enough?

Perhaps he isn't good enough, I've not seen enough to fully comment.

My point is I think a good CDM should know when to drop deep and when to move forward, Thorne can do this but unfortunately he never plays more than 2 games at a time.

Hansen, for me looks lost sometimes but I cant deny his attitude, maybe it is something our coaching staff should be teaching him.

Anyway, think we may have to agree to disagree on this one. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Derbyram1 said:

Really? He lasted 60mins in a game against a poor Blackburn team....hardly world beating stuff is it.

And when he went off Blackburn looked better and could have nicked a goal at the end. 

Hanson should have started against Wolves. 

2 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

And when he went off Blackburn looked better and could have nicked a goal at the end. 

Hanson should have started against Wolves. 

Could not agree more.

If we are trying to build confidence up, dropping Hanson on Saturday was a poor idea, especially to replace him with a clearly unfit George Thorne.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Could not agree more.

If we are trying to build confidence up, dropping Hanson on Saturday was a poor idea, especially to replace him with a clearly unfit George Thorne.

Wolves first goal was down to this. Giving the ball away was poor but all players do that. It was the fact he didn't bust a gut to get back that was the worst part. 

On 29 February 2016 at 15:38, G STAR RAM said:

Could not agree more.

Yep thought that also when I saw the team on Saturday. Is DW already falling in to doing what PC was criticised for doing by folk on here.

55 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Yep thought that also when I saw the team on Saturday. Is DW already falling in to doing what PC was criticised for doing by folk on here.

He must have felt Thorne was ready and could do the job asked. Obviously, he wasn't and it was a bit of a mistake. Every manager makes them from time to time. Let's hope he learns from it and he should have a successful time as our manager. :)

Archived