Scrape-Goat

Lets forget tactics and cut to the chase.

GT gave ball away and jogged back. He should have cut out the shot but just not quick enough. Christie slack marking alllowed the cross in for the winner.

Olsson no better than Warnock.

Johnson just not mobile enough. Surely he was better than this at NCFC?

Weimann and Russell not good enough.

Put simply its players that win matches. Too many of ours are either not good enough or just bang out of form.  Wouldnt matter who we have in charge at the mo as only 5 or 6 at most are performing each game. That is why we will drift until the summer when Pearson comes in and turns things around

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

GT gave ball away and jogged back. He should have cut out the shot but just not quick enough. Christie slack marking alllowed the cross in for the winner.

Put simply its players that win matches. Too many of ours are either not good enough or just bang out of form.  Wouldnt matter who we have in charge at the mo as only 5 or 6 at most are performing each game. That is why we will drift until the summer when Pearson comes in and turns things around

I really want next HC/Manager to be Pearson.

Don't think it will be though as if MM had an intention of appointing him or if Pearson was interested he would have been  straight in here after Clement left.

I wouldn't say that though, Alex Neil at Norwich turned an under-performing team into a promotion one. We have a strong squad on paper but we don't look motivated imo, we look disinterested, George Thorne jogging back? someone like Pearson would have strangled him at HT for that, doesn't matter if your not fully fit, putting that pathetic amount of effort in is shameful, and Thorne should be ashamed of himself. 

I don't blame Wassall and I didn't blame Clement either, but this team needs a kick up the arse and I think Pearson would cut out the half hearted bs straight away.  

11 hours ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

I think you can add Hendrick isn't pulling up trees. Carson kicking is a bit woeful and even Shackell is having a bit of an off period. 

Olsen & warnock are totally different players. Olsen can get forward and i think looks really good going forward he's been here a few weeks give him some time to settle 

warnock gets alot of bad press. Defensively he is quality. Not so good at getting forward but what do you expect from a man of his age? Still runs and works hard every game 

if Warnocks so terrible name a side in this division with a better second choice left back than warnock 

5 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

George Thorne jogging back? someone like Pearson would have strangled him at HT for that,

Yes he definitely would have. But do you really want someone to strangle our players for their mistakes? Either metaphorically OR physically (and I wouldn't be shocked if Pearson did go for 'psychically' either since he's a P.E teacher-esque bully).

That's not conducive to a motivated squad. Especially once with confidence problems like this one. This team seems to really suffer from self doubt more than any other team I've ever seen.

5 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

warnock gets alot of bad press. Defensively he is quality. Not so good at getting forward but what do you expect from a man of his age? Still runs and works hard every game 

But when he does get forward and put in a cross they're more accurate than Olsson's. Think Warnock has been hard done too by DW.

Am becoming more pro Pearson every day , as the above post States these players need a kick up the arse and a very stron manager to deliver it, the truth is there's probably two players max delivering anything like they are capable of and the confidence arguement don't hold water today coming in off back to back wins ,, we need a manager who will take no ****

Right, is GT not really fit yet, OR is he just not what he was since his second knee injury?

Anyway, I nominate Weimann for scapegoat just because life isn't fair. And if he's not up to being scapegoat for the team perhaps Nick Blackman can take up the mantle.

Can't be any of the starting XI though, Wassall thinks they were magnificent/wonderful/dazzling.

4 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Yes he definitely would have. But do you really want someone to strangle our players for their mistakes? Either metaphorically OR physically (and I wouldn't be shocked if Pearson did go for 'psychically' either since he's a P.E teacher-esque bully).

That's not conducive to a motivated squad. Especially once with confidence problems like this one. This team seems to really suffer from self doubt more than any other team I've ever seen.

Pearson isn't as daft as some make him out to be, he only strangles opposition players ;)

Being serious though I was speaking metaphorically, but Pearson would know which one's need a kick up the jacksie and which one's need an arm round them, Martin would need a kick (metaphorically speaking) whereas Ince needs an arm round him. 

11 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I wasn't impressed with the cross/shot he skyed in one of our rare attacks we had in the second half. 

That was truly dreadful. 

Some of our rare good play got olsson in a couple of times down the left. But even when the crosses were into the box we don't have anyone anywhere near them.

It's as though the team are in 2 parts each of which are playing a completely different game.

10 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

That was truly dreadful. 

Some of our rare good play got olsson in a couple of times down the left. But even when the crosses were into the box we don't have anyone anywhere near them.

It's as though the team are in 2 parts each of which are playing a completely different game.

We looked dangerous in those attacks may be it's a positive and needs a bit of work in training. 

Archived