"The Derby way"

Sexydadbod

It looks like Mel finally got his wish of playing "the Derby way." Yes bottling every good opportunity we get. I've said it before and I'll say it again but I'm convinced that we won't make the top 6. Mel the clown hired has hired 2 managers this season with no managerial experience, with the latter being held to ransom by Hendrick,Johnson and Russell, all 3 who are bang average players. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/02/2016 at 11:35, McLovin said:

Although I said a few weeks ago that automatic promotion was gone, this league is really poor and inconsistent. Get 11/12 wins from now until the end then I think we will be right up there and may even sneak into the autos.

29 minutes ago, McLovin said:

It looks like Mel finally got his wish of playing "the Derby way." Yes bottling every good opportunity we get. I've said it before and I'll say it again but I'm convinced that we won't make the top 6. Mel the clown hired has hired 2 managers this season with no managerial experience, with the latter being held to ransom by Hendrick,Johnson and Russell, all 3 who are bang average players. 

5 day reverse ferret?

The idea of the Derby way is good as it seems to be about having a whole club working together from the first team to the youth team playing a nice brand of football and working towards the long term. Its no different to what teams like Southampton and Swansea do. 

I just wish that he hadn't given it that name as it is just sounds vague and stupid. 

It just sounds totally pretentious. The Derby way. Fffs. We are not Barcelona. It's ridiculous PR. Whether we like it or not to the outside world we are just another insignificant mid table championship side and have effectively been for years and most likely will be for a long while yet.Hardly something to emulate or create a PR spin or motto around. 

4 hours ago, Chris Mills said:

Urgh. If I hear that phrase one more time... It's not even a thing

It's marketing.

Good marketing too - these things are supposed to stick in the minds of the gullible, impressionable or stupid.

4 hours ago, McLovin said:

I don't think you should be calling MM a clown Rammyboy. It is easy to jump on things that aren't going right. I'm pretty sure his vision isn't instant success but sustainable success. The problem is he didn't envisage sacking Clement and didn't have a succession plan in place. He has stuck Wassall in and my only qualification to judge if this will work is 35+ years of watching Derby.

I can tell you now Wassall isn't the man.

'The Derby way' is a nice idea and the likes of southampton are a good model to try to achive. It isnt going to be over night and its frustrating from where we were the other season to where we are now

MM has invested heavily in youth etc

But what if playing nice passing football isnt the way to get out of the division. 

What if similar to the stoke city way is? Or west ham under big Sam?

or a cross between the two

scrap our way up, scrap our way to survival then by that point the youth team may have developed some nice talent, slowly bring them through and slowly change how we play when established? 

Both stoke and west ham our playing nice-ish football now but did what they could initially to go up and stay up.

We could have A nice blend of young with a few championship sluggers. Get up and add quality survive etc 

i know boro & hull are not up yet but they dont play nice free flowing football 

7 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

'The Derby way' is a nice idea and the likes of southampton are a good model to try to achive. It isnt going to be over night and its frustrating from where we were the other season to where we are now

MM has invested heavily in youth etc

But what if playing nice passing football isnt the way to get out of the division. 

What if similar to the stoke city way is? Or west ham under big Sam?

or a cross between the two

scrap our way up, scrap our way to survival then by that point the youth team may have developed some nice talent, slowly bring them through and slowly change how we play when established? 

Both stoke and west ham our playing nice-ish football now but did what they could initially to go up and stay up.

We could have A nice blend of young with a few championship sluggers. Get up and add quality survive etc 

i know boro & hull are not up yet but they dont play nice free flowing football 

Don't forget if we can get promotion by hook or by..etc.,we will be there when all that money will be shared. We can use that to build up our scouting network,build up our academy,try to get young talented players in. Buy some good players too,that way we will avoid past disasters.

We have the players to win games that's for sure 

but we are playing them in the wrong positions 

russell not a winger. Blackman not a winger.weimann not a winger.johnson not a winger. 

Razza and Ince are wingers. 

Lets play 4-4-2 and put players where they such be and play to their strengths. 

Mangerment is the problem and the only problem. Top manger would get us playig

Dont like saying this but we were better off with young clough.

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

His philosophy is sound. People are just impatient. 

We need promotion now!!!!!

Why?

Because the new TV deal will make it harder and more essential than ever before to get promoted. Let's say we get promoted in 2-3 years we will almost certainly get relegated straight away because the gap in the strength of the squads between the promoted teams and the teams in the bottom half of the prem will be too big.

@DC-1975 big time i just think some players are geared towards premiership football and some players are championship footballers 

one player performs well in one division and not so well in the other.

We could have some good youngster that could make the step up (which i think we have) but we need some hard hitting get you out of the division championship players. Go up, stay up and evolve into the derby way. I believe behind the scenes we are already doing that with training ground and facilites   

Archived