"The Derby way"

Sexydadbod

14 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

What? I never said that,did you not understand my post?

I guess not.

McLovin was saying we need to be in the PL for money

I was saying money has always been there for PL teams. That people always say the gaps getting bigger. And it's always the same. Years ago teams were going up and doing what they're doing now and they'll be doing it for years more. How much money have Blackburn and Bolton pulled in during their PL stays. How much financial advantage have Villa, Sunderland, Newcastle had in the last 20 years over Watford, Swansea, Wigan, Stoke, Bournemouth etc? 

Thankfully money doesn't decide league standings entirely. 

And we have money. It's not helped

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of you complaining about mm decisions he gamabled on a coach who has done it at the very top levels which you would expect him to do better he was doing a good job until he lost the changing room not mm fault at all and now hes tried to get a coach that all the players all know to try and get the changing room back so get off his back hes trying to do the best for the club

I've heard our fans saying for years we should aspire to being a yoyo club.

Well we are now. Except our yoyo is unique and only goes between 1st and 8th in the Championship. The trick we need to master is stopping the yoyo when it's climbed to 1st or 2nd. 

Don't get me wrong, our yoyo has been in the hands of some proper butter fingers in recent years but now we need someone who can really spin it up there.

Some hypocrisy around here. Clement was a star signing when he came. A real coup that he didn't go to a premiership club. The signing of Butterfield and Johnson was nailing us on for promotion. A sensible owner with a passion for the club close to his heart, investment in all areas from senior level to academy was lauded over the competition, especially the dogs. A philosophy of building from the youth teams, playing attractive football as the starting point for everyone in the club from the owner down to the cleaners. 

But of course our dog **** fans as usual demand instant success, despite only having a couple of periods of decent results in the last 10 years. No patience, no support, just a demand for instant gratification. And every ****** knows what's best - after the event.

44 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

I've heard our fans saying for years we should aspire to being a yoyo club.

Well we are now. Except our yoyo is unique and only goes between 1st and 8th in the Championship. The trick we need to master is stopping the yoyo when it's climbed to 1st or 2nd. 

Don't get me wrong, our yoyo has been in the hands of some proper butter fingers in recent years but now we need someone who can really spin it up there.

Its not unique - Cardiff did it for years too. I started a thread under Mclaren awhere I basically said we were heading to be the new Cardiff. Perenial play-off challengers flirting with top two but not getting over the line.

19 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Some hypocrisy around here. Clement was a star signing when he came. A real coup that he didn't go to a premiership club. The signing of Butterfield and Johnson was nailing us on for promotion. A sensible owner with a passion for the club close to his heart, investment in all areas from senior level to academy was lauded over the competition, especially the dogs. A philosophy of building from the youth teams, playing attractive football as the starting point for everyone in the club from the owner down to the cleaners. 

But of course our dog **** fans as usual demand instant success, despite only having a couple of periods of decent results in the last 10 years. No patience, no support, just a demand for instant gratification. And every ****** knows what's best - after the event.

Everyone was proud of the bolded bit at the start o the season - I think some may even have called it the Derby Model or something similar.

28 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Things were OK (barring injuries) until we signed Bent and Ince and screwed up our system. 

Followed by the bizarre Weimann and Blackman signings.

Johnson isn't exactly proving £6m worth though there is a player in there somewhere.

We had a nice tight squad, a team. Now we've just got a bunch of over-paid individuals who have irked the established players.

Not blaming MM for trying to improve the squad, but £25m doesn't say "Promotion isn't essential" it says "I want that bogger NOW!". We should have got a proper manager in last summer, someone experienced in signing team players...that's the Derby Way!

The mistakes started when Clough was sacked. 4 years of clearing out deadwood, rebuilding and laying new foundations. The seeds of future success were there for everyone to see: youth team players being promoted to first team; bargain signings with huge potential; small squad with great team spirit, togetherness and shared vision. Keogh, Buxton, Bryson, Hendrick, Hughes, Martin and Russell......all had bought in to this shared vision that Clough had created. But, we just weren't quite there, another piece or two still missing......Clough knew this but was having to continue to operate within extremely tight budgets. He just needed more time still, maybe not that much longer either. Or he needed some gentle encouraging with an increase in budget. 

I will always wonder what if....what if Rush hadn't joined? What if he had simply been more patient? What if Clough had been given let's say £5 million? What if, what if?? 

But no, once again the Ego's landed and the essence of what had been created was completely missed by everyone.....Rush, the Americans, Morris and the fans. 

We deserve to be where we are now. Clough's achievements recorded as failure by the myopic majority. Crazy money provided to short term managers who were never really committed to DCFC. It's so dire really, its laughable. 

MM could do much worse than turn the clock back and try to start again with the same guy.

1 hour ago, davenportram said:

Its not unique - Cardiff did it for years too. I started a thread under Mclaren awhere I basically said we were heading to be the new Cardiff. Perenial play-off challengers flirting with top two but not getting over the line.

Cardiff did spring to mind actually. They did briefly get there though.

i wonder if Mel will change the kit to red too?! (only joking)

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Surely its Mel who has been hypocritical.

"paul clement won't get sacked. Period."

4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Surely its Mel who has been hypocritical.

"paul clement won't get sacked. Period."

I don't remember any criticism of the unwavering support at the time. Did you say it was a bad idea at the time? Or is it just with the benefit of hindsight you think he shouldn't have supported the new Manager publicly? 

Do you think Wassell would perform better if Mel put his position in question publicly? 

Do you think the players would perform better if Wassell criticised their performances publicly?

What's wrong with supporting someone?

17 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I don't remember any criticism of the unwavering support at the time. Did you say it was a bad idea at the time? Or is it just with the benefit of hindsight you think he shouldn't have supported the new Manager publicly? 

Do you think Wassell would perform better if Mel put his position in question publicly? 

Do you think the players would perform better if Wassell criticised their performances publicly?

What's wrong with supporting someone?

if you voluntarily make the public statement that someone "won't get sacked period" then you have to stick to it or you will look an absolute cock.

sacking someone isn't supporting them.

And no.....slagging players off publicly won't help. That was PC's error after the Reading game, but of course we now know that other things might have wound him up. 

We have no option but to support DW. Its his own excessive spin that is getting him into bother.

2 hours ago, Holdontightuk said:

The mistakes started when Clough was sacked. 4 years of clearing out deadwood, rebuilding and laying new foundations. The seeds of future success were there for everyone to see: youth team players being promoted to first team; bargain signings with huge potential; small squad with great team spirit, togetherness and shared vision. Keogh, Buxton, Bryson, Hendrick, Hughes, Martin and Russell......all had bought in to this shared vision that Clough had created. But, we just weren't quite there, another piece or two still missing......Clough knew this but was having to continue to operate within extremely tight budgets. He just needed more time still, maybe not that much longer either. Or he needed some gentle encouraging with an increase in budget. 

I will always wonder what if....what if Rush hadn't joined? What if he had simply been more patient? What if Clough had been given let's say £5 million? What if, what if?? 

But no, once again the Ego's landed and the essence of what had been created was completely missed by everyone.....Rush, the Americans, Morris and the fans. 

We deserve to be where we are now. Clough's achievements recorded as failure by the myopic majority. Crazy money provided to short term managers who were never really committed to DCFC. It's so dire really, its laughable. 

MM could do much worse than turn the clock back and try to start again with the same guy.

Agree with everything apart from the last paragraph! A tight knit squad is vital in the champ! Look at burnley, they are flying and have fielded the same team for the past 5 games. We have definately regressed over the past 2 years by thinking that a mammoth squad will get us out of the championship! 

Give nigel Pearson the job, let him clear the deadwood and put his own stamp on the squad, and let's get f##cking promoted! 

Since the 'Derby Way' branding and spin teams must love beating us and run their socks off and have done 'they use the work hard and play football way and beat the Drrby way !! I think Mel Morris has been on TV more than the players since he took over !! 

Other clubs must be laughing even though we have a great set up and suberb training facilities. 

But it must feel great turning up for MK Dons and beating what is becoming a pretentious arrogant club. 

Lets no see Mel on TV but a new manager who creates a team with desire and ambition. 

Lets not forget half of this team would not step up in class to the premiership and will end up with another championship club 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived