"The Derby way"

Sexydadbod

7 minutes ago, DC-1975 said:

Get up, stay up and then improve the style/implement the Derby way.

I think there is some truth in this.

i was prepared to go along the somewhat dour football under PC because....

1. It took us to the top of the league after a poor start

2 if we do go up we need to be tight and difficult to beat. Champagne football will get torn to shreds.

3 look at middlesbro and co. 4231 and even more boring than we were. But they do what they think they have to in order to get promoted.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

It will also mean that our better players will get poached almost certainly off us

So?

I'd rather have a team of Jake Buxtons than those so-called 'better players'.

Just now, RamNut said:

I think there is some truth in this.

i was prepared to go along the somewhat dour football under PC because....

1. It took us to the top of the league after a poor start

2 if we do go up we need to be tight and difficult to beat. Champagne football will get torn to shreds.

3 look at middlesbro and co. 4231 and even more boring than we were. But they do what they think they have to in order to get promoted.

100% correct mate. It's naive to think that Derby can get promoted and continue to play "the Derby way" in the prem like teams like southampton have. 

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

His philosophy is sound. People are just impatient. 

We need promotion now!!!!!

Why?

Because I'm sick of going to the same grounds every year. I want to go to Anfield, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge and Vicarage Road. Rather than Griffin Park, Ewood Park and Hillsborough. 

8 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Because I'm sick of going to the same grounds every year. I want to go to Anfield, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge and Vicarage Road. Rather than Griffin Park, Ewood Park and Hillsborough. 

If we become an established PL club you'll have 3 new grounds every season. Less than you have now. 

At considerably more cost

9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

What about players like Hughes, Thorne and Butterfield, don't you want to continue to see young hungry players like these at our club?

Hungry?

Is that why they had pizza?

17 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Because the new TV deal will make it harder and more essential than ever before to get promoted. Let's say we get promoted in 2-3 years we will almost certainly get relegated straight away because the gap in the strength of the squads between the promoted teams and the teams in the bottom half of the prem will be too big.

It won't work like that. 

It gets richer every year. Has it got better? You can easily contradict yourself here. 

Money buys players. Not teams. 

Every year 3 teams will go up and 3 will go down. Do you think it will be the same 6 teams? 

No chance. 

Money might run the game. But thankfully there is still a reason for Man City to play Stoke rather than just comparing finances. 

18 minutes ago, eddie said:

So?

I'd rather have a team of Jake Buxtons than those so-called 'better players'.

What about Will?

We don't want to lose Will.

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It won't work like that. 

It gets richer every year. Has it got better? You can easily contradict yourself here. 

Every year 3 teams will go up and 3 will go down. Do you think it will be the same 6 teams? 

No chance. 

Money might run the game. But thankfully there is still a reason for Man City to play Stoke rather than just comparing finances. 

What I was going to say pretty much. 

The big clubs have spent serious money this year as always but I see Chelsea in the bottom half and United way off fourth with Leicester in a title race... Too much emphasis put on money. 

28 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It won't work like that. 

No chance. 

It's because of the money and the way it's shared out that Stoke can still play Man City.Stoke can now buy quality players,they have done well and playing good football.At the moment we can only dream about being where thy are.

In the summer  we were  the envy  nearly every club in the championship . One of the best coaches in Europe. Mel morris investing millions into derby County. We all thought  we would  walk the league how wrong we were. I'm  gutted how our season has ended up. 

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

It will also mean that our better players will get poached almost certainly off us

Yep there will be quite a few players we've spent millions on sold at a big lose in the summer, unless we find a new manager with experience who is allowed to manage this squad his way & not MM's so called "Derby Way". As a club we've become a laughing stock since our Chairman took over.

2 hours ago, top 6 finish said:

It's because of the money and the way it's shared out that Stoke can still play Man City.Stoke can now buy quality players,they have done well and playing good football.At the moment we can only dream about being where thy are.

Think we spent more than some PL teams?

Archived