Summer dilemma

1 minute ago, DCFCArmy said:

Mainly down to defensive frailties though, you can't blame Ince and Bent for Grant throwing the ball into his own net or defenders pulling off clangers or Hughes placing a brilliant through ball on the final day. the defence was a shambles but that's not Ince and Bents fault.. Bring the Ince and Bent back from last season and I'd say we'd be 6 to 8 points better off this season. 

The fact that the ball wasn't sticking up front was a factor in our defensive problems. Ince has been playing this season. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

We won't be able to sell any of the expensive players at a significant loss without completely wiping out our FFP allowable loss. For instance, in the summer, Bradley Johnson's value in our p&l's will be c£4.5m. If we sell him for anything less than that it will show as a loss on FFP (selling for £2.5m would create a £2m loss), thus reducing the amount that we can actually spend. 

It would make getting a new manager difficult too,surely.We couldn't afford new players, if he was with another club we would have a problem with compensation  If I am right, we need promotion,this season.         

4 hours ago, sage said:

As we dropped from 1st to 8th.

That was due injuries defences kept changing and toon rumours. Also didn't changed formation as well. 

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 09:50, sage said:

How many would you seek to offload from the current squad?

Certainly not Christie. He's been one of the shining lights this season. Johnson won POY for Norwich last season so will come good I'm sure. Weimann scored goals in the Premier League and similarly, hasn't become a bad player over night.

They just need some confidence and there form will return. The others I agree with.

31 minutes ago, admira said:

Certainly not Christie. He's been one of the shining lights this season. Johnson won POY for Norwich last season so will come good I'm sure. Weimann scored goals in the Premier League and similarly, hasn't become a bad player over night.

They just need some confidence and there form will return. The others I agree with.

The evidence would suggest otherwise. On this season's form he is the worst player in the first team squad.

Well, we know the club are working on a few different plans depending on what happens the remainder of this season.

I feel if we continue to play the way we are they will be able to start planning much much earlier than last year.

If we improve then some of the players being slated now will have had an upturn in form and there wont be so much clamor to get rid.

Either way, Wassell or the new man will know what is available to spend (or not) and will know who he has to work with and go from there.

I'm not stressing too much as it is all out of our control and we will see more as the season unfolds.

On 16/02/2016 at 17:56, CornwallRam said:

We won't be able to sell any of the expensive players at a significant loss without completely wiping out our FFP allowable loss. For instance, in the summer, Bradley Johnson's value in our p&l's will be c£4.5m. If we sell him for anything less than that it will show as a loss on FFP (selling for £2.5m would create a £2m loss), thus reducing the amount that we can actually spend. 

Can't see throne or Hughes being here at the end of the season if we aren't promoted, so Johnson unlikely to be sold. Therefore no effect on ffp from a profit/loss point of view. Not to mention whether any if the £6m included a part payment upon promotion or not.

In some ways I want us to be restricted under FFP, it means we'd have to sell one to bring in one, which would work better imo, we'd stop the silly spending sprees and ultimately have a better spirit in the squad as well.

It was fun signing all those players but lets be honest we need to stop now, and find our best 11 and stop chopping and changing.

QPR managed it well, how they still operate without an embargo is ridiculous, Forest, Leeds, Blackburn have all suffered FFP having spent less money surely? 

And you just know they can't wait to hit us with one, I'm not bothered if we get one as we've spent over the allowed amount, but it seems one rule for one club and another rule for another. 

On 17/02/2016 at 18:34, Joe. said:

18 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

can you all just get it into your head that we are not even close to worrying about FFP??!

FFP is judged over a rolling 3-yr period. We have had one year of spending.

I saw that one of you 'chosen ones' mentioned that Stephen Pearce had said that. That surprised me a little as according to the Football League, the rolling three year limits don't begin until next season. They changed the allowable deviation from £6m to £13m for this season to bring it into line with the £39m over three seasons, but according to my understanding, this is the last 'stand alone' season.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/championship-financial-fair-play-2867176.aspx

On 2/16/2016 at 10:44, YouRams said:

The thing that amazes me, people are writing off our new signings a lot of whom have been played out of position, if we fail to go up this year the spine of our team has failed three seasons running. Yes year 1 was a shock to everyone, but if we are looking to offload surely it should be players that have failed rather than ones who haven't had a chance. We need fresh ideas.

'Spine' 13/14 - Grant, Keogh, Buxton, Eustace, Hughes, Bryson, Martin

'Spine' 14/15 pre-collapse - Grant, Keogh, Whoever was fit, Mascarell/Eustace, Hughes, Bryson/Hendrick, Martin

'Spine' 14/15 during the collapse - Grant, Keogh, Albentosa/Shotton, Somebody shoehorned in, Hughes, Hendrick/Bryson, Bent

'Spine' 15/16 - Carson, Keogh, Shackell, Thorne, Butterfield, Johnson, Martin

Only one of our spine has been a first-team regular for both collapses, Keogh, and he's in with a shout with POTY. Only Keogh and Martin were regulars for 13/14 and 15/16. To say the spine of the team has failed for three years running is way off the mark. 

21 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I saw that one of you 'chosen ones' mentioned that Stephen Pearce had said that. That surprised me a little as according to the Football League, the rolling three year limits don't begin until next season. They changed the allowable deviation from £6m to £13m for this season to bring it into line with the £39m over three seasons, but according to my understanding, this is the last 'stand alone' season.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/championship-financial-fair-play-2867176.aspx

I'm sure I read that transfer fees are divided by the number of years the buying club pays the selling club, or something like that. For example, say we're paying Norwich over six years for Johnson, that's one million pounds per financial year towards FFP (even if the deal with Norwich isn't necessarily like that).

I could just be talking *****, but I feel sure I read something like that and that was my understanding of it.

1 hour ago, cannable said:

I'm sure I read that transfer fees are divided by the number of years the buying club pays the selling club, or something like that. For example, say we're paying Norwich over six years for Johnson, that's one million pounds per financial year towards FFP (even if the deal with Norwich isn't necessarily like that).

I could just be talking *****, but I feel sure I read something like that and that was my understanding of it.

The FFP calculation for transfer fees has nothing to do with paying by instalments - the cash paid out plus the future liability will always equal the overall fee for the purposes of profit and loss. What happens is that when you buy a players registration, you have bought an asset which is deemed to be worth the price you paid for it. That value then reduces each year on the scale of the original fee divided by the number of years of the contract. So Bradley Johnson's reported £6m fee and 4 year contract cost our FFP calculation £1.5m per season.

My opinion is that FFP will be no problem as long as turnover remains at the predicted level. As we possibly got an 'unexpected' c£500k from the Man U game, we probably have some margin for error. 

Archived