Mel on FFP

AmericanRam

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're one of the front runners in FFP always have been. I wouldn't worry too much to be fair. We have some great players coming back and we have back up in every position.

I know where Mel's coming from we had to replace two of our best midfielders if we didn't the fans would go mental.

But none of this is true because opposing fans who have inside knowledge or are itk regarding Derby's finance, know everything about what we've spent & that we are in deep trouble!!! It must be true because I've read it on social media!?!? :blink:

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Surely we are in the position of offloading a few to help balance the books and still retain an excellent squad? 

Warnock and Sammon out of contract in the Summer. Probably a few more as well.

Reminds me, all of our 'lack of goal scoring' woes of late.....no one's thought to recall Sammon? His netting prowess could have been vital....:ph34r::lol:

On 10 February 2016 at 19:46, Jupiter said:

I don't see why fans are getting worried over FFP in the first place. It's not guess work, we're not chucking money at players and hoping that we'll stay within the limits. The club is fully aware of what the limits are and how much it's spending; we don't employ accountants for nothing. Transfer fees don't say "undisclosed amount" to the parties involved.

Do people think a business as big as Derby County, or someone who's accumulated as much wealth as Mel, is unaware of how to manage their money and adhere to guidelines implemented by respective governing bodies, especially given our financially troubled past. 

We're not (currently) run by crooks, idiots or Fawaz, so just enjoy the fact that we even have this much to spend in the first place. Our job is to support the team, not balance it's books.

Sorry my friend I don't share your confidence regarding this matter, although I would not for one minute say the club is being run by crooks. I still have a horrible feeling that should we fail to get promoted this season WE WILL fall foul of FFP rules. It doesn't take a blind man to see that when you look at what we've spent this season. Mel's comment of I'm not saying it won't be close when the figures are in is a very telling one I feel.

Is this not the man who said Paul Clement would be hear till the end of the season not so long ago ?. Believe what you want to believe I say.

2 hours ago, TETRA said:

Sorry my friend I don't share your confidence regarding this matter, although I would not for one minute say the club is being run by crooks. I still have a horrible feeling that should we fail to get promoted this season WE WILL fall foul of FFP rules. It doesn't take a blind man to see that when you look at what we've spent this season. Mel's comment of I'm not saying it won't be close when the figures are in is a very telling one I feel.

Is this not the man who said Paul Clement would be hear till the end of the season not so long ago ?. Believe what you want to believe I say.

you've got a feeling about it, I feel we will be close. We can have higher losses this year, the cut off is June for submission, we dint know how much of the money spent will be counted in the next accounting period. We could sell someone before then too.

38 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

More confusion. Mel should take a back seat and stay out of the press for a while. It's not doing the club any good.

In my opinion it's been a bad week for his and the club's reputation.

Thank goodness we've got a game of football tomorrow.

Never a truer word said. We've had some bad weeks at this wonderful club of ours over a good many years, but this for me has to be one of the worst. We've been made to look rather stupid, & only positive things on the pitch can save us now.

By the way does anyone know what sacking Paul Clement after just eight months will  cost the club financially ?. I can't quite remember how long his contract was for when he signed it back in June last year. If it was a three year contract we must be talking £3-£4 Million easy I would think. Not bad work is it after just eight months if you can get it.

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

More confusion. Mel should take a back seat and stay out of the press for a while. It's not doing the club any good.

In my opinion it's been a bad week for his and the club's reputation.

Thank goodness we've got a game of football tomorrow.

The confusion is only on here and in the media, though. The club have been very clear that we won't be falling foul of the rules and I trust them to know.

Amen to the rest of it though. We'll all be glad to see the back of this week.

Archived