With Wassall in charge who start?

davenportram

1 minute ago, Coconut said:

Maybe in a 4-2-3-1, and even then we actually played him further up the field than I'd have expected.

'The Thorne role' doesn't include a babysitter though, he'd be on his own for the most part.

It might be OK against MK DOns, but I don't think it would work long term.

No, I agree but as a stand in I think he's do ok for 2-3 matches with butters and johnson in front of him.

I suppose Baird could do a job too, neither are ideal though I suppose.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

So what. Defences are better with Shackell though, no offence to Bucko but he got no chance to get ahead of them at the moment unless injuries or suspension. Last season defences was appalling. 

Up until Cardiff away, when Bucko picked up the back injury/sciatic nerve problem that kept him out for most of the rest of the season, he was far and away our best defender.

Just now, eddie said:

Up until Cardiff away, when Bucko picked up the back injury/sciatic nerve problem that kept him out for most of the rest of the season, he was far and away our best defender.

I agreed with you on that one. 

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

Would you swap him for keogh though now?, I don't think i would but he should be in the match day squad and I reckon he will be come sat

Just now, JoetheRam said:

Carson

Christie Keogh Shackell Olsson

Baird

Butterfield Bryson

Ince Martin Russell

Subs:

Grant

Buxton

Warnock

Hanson

Hendrick

Camara

Bent

No Johnson?. Played in the right position he would be a beast for us like he was at Norwich

6 minutes ago, Ninos said:

That's patently false, coco. Plus he plays forward football not backwards football. 

Just like he did(n't do) against Hartlepool?

He's no Thorne/Eustace style replacement from a defensive standpoint. Mascarell played it forwards, but nor was he. It's no criticism of Hanson, btw, he has his own abilities.

Carson

christie - Keogh - shacks (c) - warnock 

Hanson

Butterfield Bryson Johnson

ince

bent 

bench: grant Bucko hendrick Blackman camara Martin 

ship Baird weimann and olssen to the reserves for the time being - lean up the squad. 

5 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Would you swap him for keogh though now?, I don't think i would but he should be in the match day squad and I reckon he will be come sat

I don't think so, and I don't think that I would swap him for Shackell either. The only point I was making was that Jake didn't really play any part in the wheels overtaking the stagecoach.

3 minutes ago, eddie said:

I don't think so, and I don't think that I would swap him for Shackell either. The only point I was making was that Jake didn't really play any part in the wheels overtaking the stagecoach.

No, not at all, no blame can be layed at his feet. Would you have him on the bench Sat?, I would.

1 minute ago, mwram1973 said:

No Johnson?. Played in the right position he would be a beast for us like he was at Norwich

Think he's not been great for us barring the first 3 or 4 games he played for us and I think it would send a message to the players about who is in charge by dropping our record signing. Bryson is the only midfielder who gets anywhere near to Martin to stop him becoming isolated and Butterfield has been our only positive in the last 8 or so weeks.

Buxton on the bench giving everyone an earful and Camara could be any of our misfiring wide men really but thought he had the lowest chances given:promise shown ratio of the 3. Russell and Ince keep their places by default.

Archived