With Wassall in charge who start?

davenportram

4 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Car Crash of last seasons defense? Buxton and Keogh had us up at the top - beore the dark times, before the tea cups

Stop trolling. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thorne not going to be fit.

Carson and the back 4 pick themselves. Ahead of that, I think Bryson and possibly Hendrick as well, although I like Butterfield a lot. I'd play Baird holding, although Wassall may well bring Hanson in, which would be nice for him. Given the PE teacher has gone, I see Ince, Martin and Russell starting.

Carson

Christie-Keogh-Schackell-Warnock

Baird

Butterfield           Bryson

Ince        Martin     Russell

Mixture of reliable old pros and trusted club servants and realistically should have plenty to get past MKD

So, for our £25m, Carson, Baird and Butterfield and Ince make my team.   

2 minutes ago, YouRams said:

You must be trolling? Surely? It was like watching Sunday league defenders. Grant Keogh and Bucko together is a nightmare that I don't wish to relive.

100% trolling IMO. 

Carson

Christie       Keogh               Shacks          olssen

thorne

ince               Butters          Johnson

Blackman         Martin

subs: Camara, bucko, russell, bent, warnock, hendrick, Bryson

imo

Just now, davenportram said:

seriously - look at the results. last years defense only conceded 28 after 30 games - this years much improved version has conceded a massive 2 less.

So what. Defences are better with Shackell though, no offence to Bucko but he got no chance to get ahead of them at the moment unless injuries or suspension. Last season defences was appalling. 

1 minute ago, mwram1973 said:

Carson

thorne

Blackman         Martin

imo

Thorne's injured, but I like the cut of your jib.

3 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Carson

thorne

Blackman         Martin

imo

You do realise Thorne is out for this one? 

1 minute ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

So what. Defences are better with Shackell though, no offence to Bucko but he got no chance to get ahead of them at the moment unless injuries or suspension. Last season defences was appalling. 

hardly any difference in the goals conceded, and games won last season was 4 more. Id argue that Bucko brings more to the team than just his defending, his passing range is not bettered by any of the current selectiona and his attitude and approach to the game is magnifiicent.

2 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

You do realise Thorne is out for this one? 

PC wasnt exactly sure how long he would be out for according the DET, maybe it will be clearer now we have a new coach

"The length of time he will be out, we are not exactly sure at the moment but I think it will be very unlikely that he will play in the next fixture."

Just now, davenportram said:

PC wasnt exactly sure how long he would be out for according the DET, maybe it will be clearer now we have a new coach

Temporary coach* 

18 minutes ago, YouRams said:

If Grant was ever started over a fit Carson I'd throw my season ticket on the pitch and walk out. I love Bucko but no! Shack has been instrumental in Keoghs revival why on earth would you want the car crash of last seasons defence back? It's an emotional day but put the drinks down you've had enough.

Perhaps you are underestimating the effect Shackell's appalling distribution is having on the team. I'm not suggesting picking Bucko is a definite, but it is worth some consideration.

13 minutes ago, davenportram said:

last years defense that had conceded only 2 more goals than this seasons at the same stage? oh and won 4 more games.

Exactley this years defence conceded less but last years attack scored a lot more. So you have it the wrong way around duck.

Archived