Who should be kept and who should we try and move on?

IlsonDerby

Regardless of whether we stay down or whether we some how go up our squad is too big. What would your squad for the beginning of next year look like? (Obviously before any new faces are brought in).  I'm gonna go with my gut instinct and assume we'll fall just short of going up this year. In which case I'd fancy the following squad to go a step further next year...

GK Carson, Roos, Mitchell

RB Christie, Sssewankambo

LB Fozzy, Olson 

CB(L) Shackell, Bucko

CB(R) Keogh, Rawson

DM Thorne, Hanson 

CM (Runner) Bryson, Hendrick

CM (architect) Hughes, Butterfield

WINGERS Camara, Russell, Ince, Another? 

CF Martin, Blackman/Another? 

I feel like a squad of this size would help to re create that feeling of team spirit that has been absent this season. It also gets rid of quite a few players who are not suited to our style of play. The only one I'm not entirely sure fits our best system of 433 is Blackman but I'm going to wait to see him play upfront with someone like Bryson in the team before I make that judgement. When he played up front centrally there was no one near him so difficult to see how that'd work because even Chrissy has struggled when no one has got close to him. 

What do you think? Is there anyone I've not included that you would keep? Anyone I've included that you wouldn't? 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Daveo said:

£6m out of form but still a great player Bradley Johnson?

I rate Johnson, I really do. The same way I rate Bent and (not to the same extent) Weimann. I just don't feel like they suit a 433 formation and that is the formation we have had most success with in recent years. 

Obviously Johnson was brilliant when he first came in but he's an expensive player to have sat on the bench because in my mind he doesn't start ahead of Bryson, Hendrick, Butterfield, Thorne and Hughes for me. 

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

I rate Johnson, I really do. The same way I rate Bent and (not to the same extent) Weimann. I just don't feel like they suit a 433 formation and that is the formation we have had most success with in recent years. 

Obviously Johnson was brilliant when he first came in but he's an expensive player to have sat on the bench because in my mind he doesn't start ahead of Bryson, Hendrick, Butterfield, Thorne and Hughes for me. 

I would like to point out that we didn't win yesterday with Bryson ,Hendrick, Baird ,Russell ,Martin and Wiemann  

Why not ! 

1 hour ago, curtains said:

I would like to point out that we didn't win yesterday with Bryson ,Hendrick, Baird ,Russell ,Martin and Wiemann  

Why not ! 

Because it was the first time this season they've played together from the beginning of the match? Give them chance to get back into it. We looked a lot better with Bryson on getting closer to Martin than without. 

4 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Because it was the first time this season they've played together from the beginning of the match? Give them chance to get back into it. We looked a lot better with Bryson on getting closer to Martin than without. 

Really. 

2 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Regardless of whether we stay down or whether we some how go up our squad is too big. What would your squad for the beginning of next year look like? (Obviously before any new faces are brought in).  I'm gonna go with my gut instinct and assume we'll fall just short of going up this year. In which case I'd fancy the following squad to go a step further next year...

GK Carson, Roos, Mitchell

RB Christie, Sssewankambo

LB Fozzy, Olson 

CB(L) Shackell, Bucko

CB(R) Keogh, Rawson

DM Thorne, Hanson 

CM (Runner) Bryson, Hendrick

CM (architect) Hughes, Butterfield

WINGERS Camara, Russell, Ince, Another? 

CF Martin, Blackman/Another? 

I feel like a squad of this size would help to re create that feeling of team spirit that has been absent this season. It also gets rid of quite a few players who are not suited to our style of play. The only one I'm not entirely sure fits our best system of 433 is Blackman but I'm going to wait to see him play upfront with someone like Bryson in the team before I make that judgement. When he played up front centrally there was no one near him so difficult to see how that'd work because even Chrissy has struggled when no one has got close to him. 

What do you think? Is there anyone I've not included that you would keep? Anyone I've included that you wouldn't? 

Sicknote George Thorne misses more games through injuries then he plays? That would effectively leave us with Hanson as our only DM

The following can go:

Grant - no need to have two number ones. Carson gives me more confidence

Christie - Dilly dallys, believes he is Messi, doesn't cross often enough or quick enough.

Pearce/Shotton - never have given us anything.

Warnock - Contract expires anyway

Baird - Too old and impacts us too much when he plays

Hendrick - One of the six has to go - its a difficult call as to who and I don't mind if its Hendrick or Johnson.

Russell - Can do better

Weimann - Can do much much better with anyone who actually does something in a game.

The rest can stay - The above could generate six million in sales and probably £80-£100k off the weekly wage bill.

Just now, rammieib said:

The following can go:

Grant - no need to have two number ones. Carson gives me more confidence

Christie - Dilly dallys, believes he is Messi, doesn't cross often enough or quick enough.

Pearce/Shotton - never have given us anything.

Warnock - Contract expires anyway

Baird - Too old and impacts us too much when he plays

Hendrick - One of the six has to go - its a difficult call as to who and I don't mind if its Hendrick or Johnson.

Russell - Can do better

Weimann - Can do much much better with anyone who actually does something in a game.

The rest can stay - The above could generate six million in sales and probably £80-£100k off the weekly wage bill.

Harsh on Christie IMO

Archived