Roos loan to AFC Wimbledon

CornwallRam

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think we will just try and loan him out until his contract runs out. Mitchell is the keeper that they are looking to bring into first team plans. More than likely he will be second choice after Carson as I can see grant leaving in the summer. Didn't we sign another young keeper?

The Rotherham loan sort of ruined Roos' chances at Derby. To be sent back after a month is poor, I know he had an injury but they'd have held on to him if he was any good.

Now he's 4th choice. Even when he was second choice we chose to loan in cover instead.

Just now, 1977 Ram Raider said:

Hasn't he just come back from Rotherham? 

He came back from Rotherham less than a month after he left. 

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

The Rotherham loan sort of ruined Roos' chances at Derby. To be sent back after a month is poor, I know he had an injury but they'd have held on to him if he was any good.

Now he's 4th choice. Even when he was second choice we chose to loan in cover instead.

Never mind Rotherham, seem to remember he looked shaky against Fulham away in the cup before we out scored them, can't say he ever convinced me after that.

Good luck to the lad though, know someone connected to Nuneaton who raved about him, shame it never worked for him.

3 hours ago, harryram said:

Think we will just try and loan him out until his contract runs out. Mitchell is the keeper that they are looking to bring into first team plans. More than likely he will be second choice after Carson as I can see grant leaving in the summer. Didn't we sign another young keeper?

I hope that's not true. It's unfortunate for Mitchell who clearly has talent, but he will not make the grade as a top keeper becasue he's too short. In an era when goalkeepers are 6-2 to 6-5, he's only 5-11. It's simply not big enough and for that single reason alone I don't understand why we signed him. Unless he's still growing!

• Carson 6-3
  • Grant 6-4
  • Roos 6-5

12 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I hope that's not true. It's unfortunate for Mitchell who clearly has talent, but he will not make the grade as a top keeper becasue he's too short. In an era when goalkeepers are 6-2 to 6-5, he's only 5-11. It's simply not big enough and for that single reason alone I don't understand why we signed him. Unless he's still growing!

• Carson 6-3
  • Grant 6-4
  • Roos 6-5

that was Frankies problem also!!

15 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

• Carson 6-3
  • Grant 6-4
  • Roos 6-5

Shay Given is 6ft tall... As is Iker Casillas... If you're good enough you can make up for those couple of inches... Timing is everything... If you see the shot sooner, can work out where it's going and can react quicker then you can offset those couple of inches...

12 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Shay Given is 6ft tall... As is Iker Casillas... If you're good enough you can make up for those couple of inches... Timing is everything... If you see the shot sooner, can work out where it's going and can react quicker then you can offset those couple of inches...

I knew someone would mention Given if I made that comment. Surely he's just the exception that proves the rule? If very few players make it through the academy to the first team and very few goalkeepers are less than 6-3, why give yourself the double-whammy and choose to try and bring on someone who's effectively a midget in the goalkeeping world? It's certainly not playing the percentages. I feel bad saying it, but unless he's the most talented young goalkeeper in the country he's not going to make the grade at the level we want to play.

12 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I knew someone would mention Given if I made that comment. Surely he's just the exception that proves the rule? If very few players make it through the academy to the first team and very few goalkeepers are less than 6-3, why give yourself the double-whammy and choose to try and bring on someone who's effectively a midget in the goalkeeping world? It's certainly not playing the percentages. I feel bad saying it, but unless he's the most talented young goalkeeper in the country he's not going to make the grade at the level we want to play.

Can't say he is just exception as there is quite a few of them, top players in modern day football. Already mentioned Given and Casillas are both 6, Cladio Bravo is 6,Ospina 6 and Valdes 6... those comes to mind without effort.

And of course, Sanchez should always be mentioned when talking about short keepers. And tiny Steve Death. And Dino Zoff. etc. if you go further down the history.

13 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

http://www.seriousgoalkeeping.net/ApeIndex.aspx

Interesting piece after a little bit of digging... Also... this guy is just under 6ft tall... And he wasn't bad...

derby-county-peter-shilton-97-panini-football-90-football-trading-sticker-28488-p.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived