Derby Winter Beer Festival

uttoxram75

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming up from London to this. Probably be there on the Friday. Look out for an old bent git with wild white hair, breath smelling like a sumo wrestlers jockstrap and wearing a ripped coat with curry stains down the front and smelling of stale urine. And trousers with semen stains. I'll be carrying an old stiff copy of Nuts under my arm. 

1 hour ago, Strange yearnings said:

Coming up from London to this. Probably be there on the Friday. Look out for an old bent git with wild white hair, breath smelling like a sumo wrestlers jockstrap and wearing a ripped coat with curry stains down the front and smelling of stale urine. And trousers with semen stains. I'll be carrying an old stiff copy of Nuts under my arm. 

Eddies twin?

• 4 weeks later...

I had the Bush and St Bernardus ones sent over by Kurt and had them at Christmas.

Very nice, but you wouldn't want them too often.

What's the Delirium? Is it the red? Not really a kriek - almost subtle.

23 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I went last night, probably will go Satde too. Thoroughly recommend the Stay Puft by Tiny Rebel. Marshmallow flavoured porter!

I also went last night - and yes that Marshmallow Porter by Tiny Rebel was awesome! There was also a cherry porter elsewhere (can't remember the brewery as I'd been drinking) which was excellent.

Find of the night though was the Heritage Ale re-brew of Offilers! Never thought I'd be drinking Offilers - my Dad always bangs on about it as his ale of choice in the 1950s

45 minutes ago, eddie said:

What's the Delirium? Is it the red? Not really a kriek - almost subtle.

Yep, it's the red.

21 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Find of the night though was the Heritage Ale re-brew of Offilers! Never thought I'd be drinking Offilers - my Dad always bangs on about it as his ale of choice in the 1950s

Not to dampen your enthusiasm, but it's not 'exactly' the same recipe as the old stuff - the rep for Heritage Brewing (based at the old Bass Museum Brewery) was in the pub a few weeks back saying that people like the nostalgia, but if you served up a modern drinker with the exact stuff they sold back in the day then it really wouldn't go down very well at all.

They've also done a version of Charrington IPA

What I had yesterday was...

the afforementioned Tiny Rebel Stay Puft, Tiny Rebel Dubbel Dragon, St Austell Black Arsed Fly, Kew Brewing SHeep In Wolf's Clothing & Brass Castle Annexation.  I shall be returning at about 3pm today.

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

Not to dampen your enthusiasm, but it's not 'exactly' the same recipe as the old stuff - the rep for Heritage Brewing (based at the old Bass Museum Brewery) was in the pub a few weeks back saying that people like the nostalgia, but if you served up a modern drinker with the exact stuff they sold back in the day then it really wouldn't go down very well at all.

Yeah - doesn't surprise me, we were saying much the same thing last night. They could basically serve up Bass and call it Offilers and no one would be able to argue that it wasn't!

Archived