Derby Winter Beer Festival

uttoxram75

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoyed the beer fest. First time I've been in the Roundhouse so took some pics of the place to show me Dad as he used to work there.

Can't remember what most of the drinks were called but mainly stayed on pale ales. It was busy and I was surprised how many young hipsters were there as well as women. Its all a bit trendy this real ale lark int it?

Had one in the Alex, couldn't fit in the Brunny (it was heaving), one in the Waterfall and one in the Merry Widows before enjoying a sing song with some Port Vale fans on the train home!

On 20/02/2016 at 02:07, Boycie said:

The large queue put me off. The one in one out put me off even further, even though people on the inside were saying it wasn't that that full.

Brunny it was!

oh and the Alex,

And the Victoria.

Dear oh dear.

Dear. Oh. Dear. 

20 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Just because coconut said it was a shitole don't mean it is.  I mean, he likes the Alex.

It is a shithole though, if you like beer - they might occasionally have Bass on and one or two guest beers they've brewed themselves . Even then, every time I've been in for a gig both of the hand-pulls have been off, resulting in me drinking (cheap, at least) JD & Cokes or bottles of Guiness (again though, it is the very good the WI Porter). There's next to nothing to recommend about it.

20 minutes ago, Coconut said:

It is a shithole though, if you like beer - they might occasionally have Bass on and one or two guest beers they've brewed themselves . Even then, every time I've been in for a gig both of the hand-pulls have been off, resulting in me drinking (cheap, at least) JD & Cokes or bottles of Guiness (again though, it is the very good the WI Porter). There's next to nothing to recommend about it.

Well I agree, but enough about the Alex, 

Archived