Punch up in the East Stand

ValeRam

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Booing our own team and punch ups among ourselves all in the space of 5 days.

Elsewhere on the forum is a thread about ****** and some members actually trying to argue against that... 

If you booed and if you had a fight yesterday with a fellow Rams fan you are indeed a moron. Nothing further to add. 

10 hours ago, RamNut said:

I couldn't believe how many were leaving with 15-20 minutes to go

south stand was half empty with 10 to go.

Another poor performance but the result flattered Rowett's team of donkeys.

The players gave up long before the fans did. Unfortunately for them, they have to stay until the final whistle.

12 hours ago, RamNut said:

I couldn't believe how many were leaving with 15-20 minutes to go

south stand was half empty with 10 to go.

Another poor performance but the result flattered Rowett's team of donkeys.

I left after the third goal, having spent over £100 on ticket, petrol, programme and grub to get there from Oxford. I left because we hadn't looked like scoring at 0-0 let alone at 3-0 and I didn't fancy sitting in an hour long tailback around the Ipro (I ended up in one anyway). Staying till the bitter end of a terrible performance is a fans right, as is pissing off early. As for your comments about Birmingham, stop being so mardy; 'Rowetts team of donkeys' played us off the park in the second half, showed more attacking nous and team sprit than we've shown all season, and their fans were amazing, the best I've seen & heard in years. I tell you what, right now I'd take Rowett over Clement in a heartbeat.

1 minute ago, Jayram said:

I left after the third goal, having spent over £100 on ticket, petrol, programme and grub to get there from Oxford. I left because we hadn't looked like scoring at 0-0 let alone at 3-0 and I didn't fancy sitting in an hour long tailback around the Ipro (I ended up in one anyway). Staying till the bitter end of a terrible performance is a fans right, as is pissing off early. As for your comments about Birmingham, stop being so mardy; 'Rowetts team of donkeys' played us off the park in the second half, showed more attacking nous and team sprit than we've shown all season, and their fans were amazing, the best I've seen & heard in years. I tell you what, right now I'd take Rowett over Clement in a heartbeat.

I don't agree with that they played us off the park.

None of their goals came from opening us up at the back, infact I don't really remember them doing that to us.

The worrying thing is that we lost 3-0 to such an average side.

7 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Mardy lol.

I'm not the one who walked out.

Turning up week in week out year after year is supporting your club, leaving early because your team is playing poorly is a personal choice, 

all of these immature comments dissing people for leaving early is pathetic, as if a few extra backsides on seats is going to pull back a 0-3 deficit !

It had made no difference for the first 80 minutes, if the team is playing well then the crowd reacts in a natural way and the volume increases, if the team is playing poorly then that to is reflected, you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear !!

Things are not right at the club, to much tinkering and interference ! Let's just hope that things get sorted quickly !

9 minutes ago, Jayram said:

I'm sorry but I shelled out more than that to come up from the South coast with my Villa supporting son and there's no way I would have left early.

Maybe I'm old school but to me when you go to support your team then that's what you do, from start to finish. If you don't want to sit in a queue then find somewhere else to park and walk a but further.

My son is only 23 and even he found it embarrassing watching people around us walk out, particularly as these same people were very quiet and unsupportive the whole time they were there.

Incidentally, listening to the Villa game on the way home, Alvin Martin said is was up to the players to give the fans a lift, not the other way round.

16 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Was interesting to take a look around and take in how many half fans we have. I make it around 15-20%.

How do you define a "half fan"? or indeed spot one. Do they wear funny hats or a label with unclean written on them. Just wondered.

I left at 80 minutes yesterday ( right in the middle of the East stand punch up !) 

There was nothing in the previous  80 mins that led me to believe that we'd even score , let alone three ! 

It's a rarity for my mates and I to even consider an early escape so what was so different about yesterday ? 

Answers on a postcard .......... Because I'm at a loss to understand what we witnessed yesterday. 

I don't blame anyone for not wanting to prolong the agony of watching their team 'give up'. 

I sit in south stand on an aisle seat and couldn't believe how many 'supporters' left early. Yes, it was an awful team melt down, but I also saw a potential scrap on the stairs next to me when a bloke stopped to watch a Derby chance down the other end and someone behind him obviously couldn't get out quick enough!A lot of effing and blinding and threats between two middle aged ****** ensued followed by nearly all my row passing in front of me not giving a toss if I still wanted to watch the game or not. I for one always stay to the bitter end regardless of the score, that's my choice, but it gets spoilt by this kind of behaviour by fellow so called 'fans'.

14 hours ago, WorksopRam said:

Saw something near me just as someone was leaving the south stand as well. Felt sorry for the older steward who was involved in it, no need. 

think that was behind us. Something kicked off after Brum fans in the SW corporate area jumped about celebrating.

Archived