Andy Robertson

Stimacked

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I may be wrong but Hull don't seem to be making many noises in the transfer window and I don't recall them doing much business in the summer.

I can imagine they have a very high wage bill, covered by Parachute payments, but maybe they aren't in a brilliant shape financially.

still they wouldn't sell to a rival.

Actually we are fine financially.  The vast majority of our players have relegation clauses.

Bruce believes our squad is a Premier League squad and that, apart from a few tweaks here and there, it is a question of keeping that squad together.

2 minutes ago, Strovolos said:

Unless you are going to at least double wages, I doubt any of our players would be unsettled.  

We aren't even trying to unsettle Hull player, its just journalists linking us to every player in the division even though we aren't buying anyone else in this window. 

25 minutes ago, McLovin said:

2nd best left back in the league after george friend. If we go up and hull don't then I'd be tempted to make a bid to test the water.

No disrespect to Derby County, but most people at our Club, and no doubt Robertson's advisors, know the potential he has and that he will be looking for a "Luke-Shaw-esque" progression as the next stage in his development.  Not unreasonable given the fact that even at his young age he is already first choice for his country.

3 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

We aren't even trying to unsettle Hull player, its just journalists linking us to every player in the division even though we aren't buying anyone else in this window. 

I'm sure you are right, I was responding to Rampage's post.

13 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I actually rate him as the best left back in the league, but as others have said, highly unlikely that we are even interested at this stage. Sign him up when we go up and Hull don't.

............and conversely when we go up and you don't.................you can keep Ince!!!   :-)

3 hours ago, Strovolos said:

............and conversely when we go up and you don't.................you can keep Ince!!!   :-)

If we don't double our tempo and workrate for the remaining games you could be right. If we do you will be left in our slipstream. Steve is already looking hypertensive and I don't think the play offs would be good for his overall health.

24 minutes ago, ahalftimereport said:

As has been said, this is obviously a laughable made up rumour by some journo.

We wouldn't sell to a rival and we certainly wouldn't sell for £7 million to anyone.

Bruce said he wouldn't take less than £25 million when Arsenal were linked last January. 

He wouldn't have meant that but if he did then he's incredibly stupid!

5 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

He wouldn't have meant that but if he did then he's incredibly stupid!

I don't think Robbo is worth £25 million but to say that isn't actually incredibly stupid.

It's essentially a hands off warning to say we've no interest in selling the player, and if one looks at the fees that were thrown about for the likes of Shaw, selling Robbo on the cheap would be mental.

Bruce has responded to the speculation anyway, unsurprisingly he's confirmed it's ********.

https://www.facebook.com/272031052913531/videos/858685384248092/

12 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Don't for one minute think anyone this end believed it - could be his agent looking for a new contract or even angling for a nice to a bigger club

Doubt that, he's a very level headed lad, most likely just yet more paper ********.

We've had Huddlestone, Davies, Elmohamady and now Robertson all linked with moves away, and there's been nothing in any of them. 

Andy Robertson is a decent enough left back, but there's a lot better options out there for £7million. 

In terms of ability, George Friend is miles ahead. In terms of potential, Obita is miles ahead in my opinion. 

I'd be made up if we signed Robertson, don't get me wrong, but for £7million I'd want a bit more. Friend is the only left back in this division capable of being spoken about in such terms. 

Archived