Martins body language

Rammy1

It just seems all wrong and has been for a few games. His body language is somewhat of ' I'll play when I want to" sort of attitude. Do u think his nose is out after these news transfers. 

Why can't he stand up. It's an absolute sham and embarrassing to what. I went to boro. He couldn't hold the ball for toffee. 

I know now he's scored 50 goals in 2 seasons. But I really think it's time now to move him on. Let's be honest. How would he fair in the prem.  not a chance. 

Disappointing .  Quality comments from clem. They need a rocket I'm afraid 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, steve brummie said:

I don't want Martin to move on.

I'd hate us having to play against him when he regains the form he's capable of!

To be honest our aim is the premier league so I doubt we would play him again if we did move him on as no premier league teams want him.

All I'm saying is   We know he can perform but why not be strong and stand up. Refs have Sussed him big style. He's a big lad. 

Thats not football I'm afraid. It's cheating. And a lot of other fans forums think the same. 

Drop him for sure. 

I think he's a terrific centre forward when he gets people buzzing around him. Clement either needs to figure out how to make this happen or play a different way with different strikers. Hopefully he former as I think we play the most attractive football in the league when Martin is in form. But the deeper midfield has helped us look better defensively so who knows?

The falling down thing though! It's been getting on my tits for a while now. During 13/14 it was very effective. But not anymore. Even when it's obvious he's getting nothing from a referee he persists with it. It's maddening.

Play the ball into his feet and he'll hold the ball up all day long, play it into his neck and he struggles.

It would also help if players feeding him 10yd balls took the trouble of looking to see where he's moving, rather than using the force!

Just now, reveldevil said:

Play the ball into his feet and he'll hold the ball up all day long, play it into his neck and he struggles.

It would also help if players feeding him 10yd balls took the trouble of looking to see where he's moving, rather than using the force!

He's had the ball into his feet on numerous occasions lately and it's pinged off him or he's played an awful pass. He had it in at feet when he was chucking himself to the floor again tonight too. I'm a huge Martin fan but there is no way his performances of late can be defended.

13 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I believe you're right and a lot of other members on this forum feel the same they but are afraid of displaying their true opinion at the risk of being ridiculed by the martin fanclub.

I did a week or so a go. Said that if Martin doesn't start performing soon then we have to bring someone in by the end of Jan. Thing is we have now signed Blackman, who looks like he is more capable of playing up top than Martin. Martin has had his chance to regain form. He hasn't. So he needs to be dropped. 

Actually agree and I'm not usually one to pull out individual performances and use 5 matches in 20 to make a case. 

He's on his heels. He's wandering about waving limbs at the ball. He has his moments and the service is pants at times but he is being to stiff. 

In his defence, nobody goes beyond him anymore. The ball never goes beyond him to another player. How can he ever turn and face the right way when the man marking him has such an easy read of the play. 

It's a 50/50 thing. He's not showing enough and he's not showing enough because he's not enjoying himself.

Martin thrives in sustained possession in the final third where you can turn him around. But we need him to help us get that sustained pressure. Not be an old fashioned target man (because he's crap at that). In return players need to help turn him around. 

There's a lot if differences between Clement and McClaren. Some things don't work the same way and players are not functioning the way that worked for them before. 

If everything doesn't go through Martin, like it did under McClaren then he becomes a liability.  He gets frustrated, he falls over, he doesn't get a free kick and gets more frustrated and stops trying and then doesn't get the supply and the spiral continues.

We will probably never see Martin in the sort of form where the ball could be pinged to him any where between the ground and the top of his head and he would control it and bring in a team mate.

I was a big fan of him but I now think we have changed too much as a team for it to work with him.

It maybe that he has put in a transfer request as well.

5 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

He hasn't held up the ball for about a month, regardless of where the ball goes. His classy touch has left him, but his pathetic falling over has remained, making him woeful.

Needs to put it right, and fast. 

Guys. Martin is our bloody captain.  He needs to set an example. It's cheating.  I dont care how good he is on his terms. It's a team game he needs to grow up and realise cheating by falling over trying to get free kicks at every possibility is just not working. And is working against us.  Common clem tell him!!!  Or drop him

Archived