The Fawaz Circus 2016

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, stoners said:

The days when only champions of their leagues could play in it 

some **** teams then hey :blink:

I'm not knocking your team's achievements, I still hark on about our semifinal in 71/2 and defeat of Real Madrid in 75/6, but I do feel that the European Cup was easier to win than the Champions League. Yes, you had to win the league to be in it, but there were fewer quality teams (now you get 3/4 teams from the major leagues) and if you avoided the stronger teams passage to the final was much easier.

2 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

I wouldn't quite go that far...

it is mate, I am a football fan, and I have attachment to my club and if my club went through that, I would be lost.

Our rivalry, and their misery should be solely confined to the pitch in my opinion.

If they went out of business, I would be distraught. I hated them being in the division below/above us as I love playing them!

41 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

it is mate, I am a football fan, and I have attachment to my club and if my club went through that, I would be lost.

Our rivalry, and their misery should be solely confined to the pitch in my opinion.

If they went out of business, I would be distraught. I hated them being in the division below/above us as I love playing them!

I can't imagine they'd have been too many tears shed by those up the road if Maxwell had succeeding in selling us up the river, or if the 3 Amigos had crippled us.  We went through the same kind of disillusionment in the last couple of seasons Nigel was in charge.  The only difference was that we knew the yanks, no matter how frustrating we found it, had a plan.

Nigel Doherty had a plan as well, but it didn't chime with the spoiled brats among their fans they hounded him into an early grave and ended up with the charlatan they have now.  Reap what you sow in my opinion...

2 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

I can't imagine they'd have been too many tears shed by those up the road if Maxwell had succeeding in selling us up the river, or if the 3 Amigos had crippled us.  We went through the same kind of disillusionment in the last couple of seasons Nigel was in charge.  The only difference was that we knew the yanks, no matter how frustrating we found it, had a plan.

Nigel Doherty had a plan as well, but it didn't chime with the spoiled brats among their fans they hounded him into an early grave and ended up with the charlatan they have now.  Reap what you sow in my opinion...

Its interesting you mention the spoiled brats hounding Mr Doughty out, we seem to have a fair selection of those ourselves who would be happy to hound Mel out.

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Oh come on, we only hate forest because of a Clough connection.

If they went out of business we'd loose the rivalry built because of Brian.

but his sons managing a team just down the road, and some people have beef with him, maybe we could be rivals with Burton?

if all else fails, there's the famous Notts County.

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Oh come on, we only hate forest because of a Clough connection.

If they went out of business we'd loose the rivalry built because of Brian.

but his sons managing a team just down the road, and some people have beef with him, maybe we could be rivals with Burton?

if all else fails, there's the famous Notts County.

it would take far too long, perhaps after we are all dead, to get a level of rivalry with those teams even close.

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

it would take far too long, perhaps after we are all dead, to get a level of rivalry with those teams even close.

If Forest were gone, we'd have to hate Burton, the rivalry would build fast.  It would only take a few thrashings to hit fever point.  But then maybe we'd win some and get our own back.

Just now, Boycie said:

If Forest were gone, we'd have to hate Burton, the rivalry would build fast.  It would only take a few thrashings to hit fever point.  But then maybe we'd win some and get our own back.

I don't think Burton will ever be a rival like that, I hope I am wrong but i cannot see them having a sustained spell at this level.

11 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I don't think Burton will ever be a rival like that, I hope I am wrong but i cannot see them having a sustained spell at this level.

I sense you're holding back your wumming powers young padwan, release them, never fear the force.

Tweets most less confirms , he has sold the club.

@FAWAZ_ALHASAWI ‏@fawaz_alhasawi1  1h1 hour ago

I wish all the best for Nottingham forest

I tried my best to take the club to the next level but unfortunately it did not work out. #nffc

I hope that after the new takeover things would turn out as planned. #nffc

Archived