Even champions lose... Prepare for defeat.

Mostyn6

Just now, Chris Mills said:

Indeed - lots of people don't understand this. It doesn't mean that we should be constantly looking to replace players, but if someone comes available that is better than Martin, Thorne, Shackell, Keogh, Hughes, whoever then we should be poking our nose around. 

Need to fit tactics and have the right personality. One that's easy to point to as a prime example of a fantastic player not fitting the ethos or system, and similarly the team not adapting for the player, was Di Maria at Man Utd.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I bet Sky are kicking themselves they aren't showing this today, yeah I know we've both had our fair share of coverage, bt top playing second even at this stage of the season would have brought in tidy advertising revenue.

Agreed, would it have made a massive difference to the attendance today,regarding Boro and Rams fans??

I,m not so sure, and am struggling to see Cellinos side of the argument regards shutting the cameras out tbh

Would the extra bums on seats,with pies and pints have cancelled out and exceeded the £100,000 for having the cameras in Elland Road:ermm::ermm:

Or was it a side swipe at his own fans??  get to Elland Road and watch it, or your not watching it all

Questions,questions

Dont think he has done himself any favours with FL or Sky :D

2 minutes ago, RedSmog said:

Agreed, would it have made a massive difference to the attendance today,regarding Boro and Rams fans??

I,m not so sure, and am struggling to see Cellinos side of the argument regards shutting the cameras out tbh

Would the extra bums on seats,with pies and pints have cancelled out and exceeded the £100,000 for having the cameras in Elland Road:ermm::ermm:

Or was it a side swipe at his own fans??  get to Elland Road and watch it, or your not watching it all

Questions,questions

Think it was just a rash hissy fit to be honest. Didn't really think it through properly, acted on emotion and made himself look a prat then the club realised they needed to come up with an excuse. 

2 minutes ago, RedSmog said:

Questions,questions

I saw something on twitter that showed that when sky showed games and when they didn't that there was little difference in Leeds attendance, so Cellino only gains money from Sky's coverage. 

5 hours ago, r4derby said:

Boro have shown that they are the most consistent team in the division, defensively sound with enough quality to get the goals needed.

Having said that, we haven't lost away from home in the league yet, having gone to some difficult teams. I will take a draw, that's my expectation. If we lose, fine, but I'll only accept it if Boro outplay us. I will find it hard to if they win by a small margin but we more than match them. 

I understand you may have erased the away defeat at Notts from your mind r4, but fear not - we will not lose today. Someone, perhaps Ince maybe Butterfield, is going to score a beauty for us today.

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I understand you may have erased the away defeat at Notts from your mind r4, but fear not - we will not lose today. Someone, perhaps Ince maybe Butterfield, is going to score a beauty for us today.

We've never lost a game when Butterfield has started. Start Butterfield today and we won't lose .... Clement's job is easy!

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

We will need better players, either this season or next. When would you sign them?

If we don't go up, we'll need better players. If we do go up, we'll be fine. The prem is garbage these days. All the best teams are in the champs. Hull, Boro and us would be looking at top 4. We could be battling Leicester for the title next year, hopefully they'll have half an eye on Champs League. Think Brentford could be top 4 if they manage to won playoffs.

I didn't expect much today, Boro away is not a happy hunting ground for us Ram's. They usually beat us in a poor season (away), so i only hoped we could get something now they are top. Get prepared though fellow sheep, hold onto your hat's it's gonna be a wild ride to the finish line. In 99% of all my time following Derby (maybe 100%), we have never done anything the easy way, it's alway's the hard way, putting us through the ringer,that emotional rollercoaster of being a Ram. Why we ask ? put simple it's the Derby way. 22 games to go guys n gals, it aint over yet.  

Archived