Second half/final points tally

horizon

Given that we have 47 points from the first half of the season, and playing the way we are, I don't feel it's unrealistic that we could hit 100 points this season.

W16 D5 L2 from the second half would give us the 53 points required - an improvement on the first half of the season that I'm sure Clement and the team expect of themselves.

That's my prediction/opinion/fantasy.

What's yours?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

That certainly looks possible.

(What do you base it on, Bris?)

Which part? I don't think three teams have hit 90 points this side of the millennium, so I assume that would be enough.

Moreover, Brighton I think are struggling with injuries and Hull aren't quite averaging enough to make 90 so would take an improvement from them to do so.

We've got some tough away games yet to play, but I wouldn't rule us out winning a few more on the road.

We've put ourselves in a great position when you consider the averages. 44 points from 23 is obviously tough, but it's not beyond us and I think we've got everything in place to do it.

Just need a bit of luck with injuries.

9 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Which part? I don't think three teams have hit 90 points this side of the millennium, so I assume that would be enough.

Moreover, Brighton I think are struggling with injuries and Hull aren't quite averaging enough to make 90 so would take an improvement from them to do so.

We've got some tough away games yet to play, but I wouldn't rule us out winning a few more on the road.

We've put ourselves in a great position when you consider the averages. 44 points from 23 is obviously tough, but it's not beyond us and I think we've got everything in place to do it.

Just need a bit of luck with injuries.

Interesting. It's a big assumption but I think you're right. - I think squads will be important and as you have stated, injuries. Sometimes it's not how many injuries you get but who is injured.

I also think the current regime will not allow us to be thin on the ground in terms of personnel.

(Transfers this January will be very crucial - not just for us.)

Archived