New striker + LB

Bris Vegas

8 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Wasn't joining, it was joining for more than 15m.

Which would be barmy considering he's out of contract this summer.

Hence why I said just joining.  The fee will be c8m ;-)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems that speculation is still there........

Derby leading the race to sign Charlie Austin

Premier League strugglers Bournemouth are said to have identified Austin as a target to replace the injured Callum Wilson while giants Manchester United are also pondering a move for the 26-year old in order to ease their woes in attack.

Now in reports emerging out of England, it has been claimed that Championship high flyers Derby County are looking to steal a march ahead of Bournemouth and United in the race to sign Austin.

Derby manager Paul Clement is keen on bolstering his attack to aid his side’s Championship push and the Rams are said to be ready to splash as much as £15million to secure the services of Austin.

7 minutes ago, super rams said:

It seems that speculation is still there........

Derby leading the race to sign Charlie Austin

Premier League strugglers Bournemouth are said to have identified Austin as a target to replace the injured Callum Wilson while giants Manchester United are also pondering a move for the 26-year old in order to ease their woes in attack.

Now in reports emerging out of England, it has been claimed that Championship high flyers Derby County are looking to steal a march ahead of Bournemouth and United in the race to sign Austin.

Derby manager Paul Clement is keen on bolstering his attack to aid his side’s Championship push and the Rams are said to be ready to splash as much as £15million to secure the services of Austin.

Where is that from?

'Reports emerging out of England' well where else are they going to emerge from?!

Just now, reveldevil said:

That headline though, has me totally convinced :lol:

Derby County FC to swoop for Charlie Austin ahead of Man Utd FC and AFC Bournemouth

Also remember in that interview last week Mel was asked if there would be any additions in January he said its not one, there are a few on the list - in case the one we do want we cannot get.....

I would have also thought that those names mentioned on the list would we be very good strikers proven in the prem, because Mel did also say we are building to stop up and ended that interview with .......its not if we get promoted its when!

It would be nice to know who else is on that list........

4 minutes ago, super rams said:

Also remember in that interview last week Mel was asked if there would be any additions in January he said its not one, there are a few on the list - in case the one we do want we cannot get.....

I would have also thought that those names mentioned on the list would we be very good strikers proven in the prem, because Mel did also say we are building to stop up and ended that interview with .......its not if we get promoted its when!

It would be nice to know who else is on that list........

I would imagine we will have a list of around 100 players, 10 for each position for all eventualities, doesn't mean that we will actively pursue all 100 players. On the list is probably 10 keepers from all around and we will keep tabs on them but at the moment we do not need to chase any. There could be an 18 year old at Swansea that nobody has heard of and not many aware of and if our list was made available to a few could be leaked out and we lose out to someone else. As for who else is on the list, we have no idea whatsoever who is and isn't on the list.

Paul, Sam and Mel all believe they know what we need to get promoted, it will not be the same as some fans and the players will vary in availability, affordability and willingness to come to us. They may not be obvious targets and may surprise the fans, some will be too obvious that everyone will have the same player on their list, like Austin or Rhodes, and they are purely there IF they become available at the right price.

48 minutes ago, rynny said:

I would imagine we will have a list of around 100 players, 10 for each position for all eventualities, doesn't mean that we will actively pursue all 100 players. On the list is probably 10 keepers from all around and we will keep tabs on them but at the moment we do not need to chase any. There could be an 18 year old at Swansea that nobody has heard of and not many aware of and if our list was made available to a few could be leaked out and we lose out to someone else. As for who else is on the list, we have no idea whatsoever who is and isn't on the list.

Paul, Sam and Mel all believe they know what we need to get promoted, it will not be the same as some fans and the players will vary in availability, affordability and willingness to come to us. They may not be obvious targets and may surprise the fans, some will be too obvious that everyone will have the same player on their list, like Austin or Rhodes, and they are purely there IF they become available at the right price.

It is not quiet like that.

....''Paul will come up with a list of requirements that then goes to the recruitment and match analysis team who then take a look at it. They pull up a list of candidates players that fit that criteria - if you look for one person you may not get them, we have to have a list of candidates we are comfortable with. That list then gets put back in front of Paul and he will have a complete analysis of those players, he'll have a look at it, then we decide who we want to go for collectively. The player has to have further room for growth.........''

4 minutes ago, super rams said:

It is not quiet like that.

....''Paul will come up with a list of requirements that then goes to the recruitment and match analysis team who then take a look at it. They pull up a list of candidates players that fit that criteria - if you look for one person you may not get them, we have to have a list of candidates we are comfortable with. That list then gets put back in front of Paul and he will have a complete analysis of those players, he'll have a look at it, then we decide who we want to go for collectively. The player has to have further room for growth.........''

So you are saying we do not know what we want yet and we haven't started looking yet? Or are we only looking at players that we want here an now?

I am sure PC gave his list on 2nd Septemeber and may add to it when necessary (like after Forsyth's injury), we will be continually looking at players or do you think that 1st Jan PC goes with his list and they start from scratch? I guarantee we are looking at over 100 players, and seeing who can improve us, either now or in the future.

37 minutes ago, rynny said:

So you are saying we do not know what we want yet and we haven't started looking yet? Or are we only looking at players that we want here an now?

I am sure PC gave his list on 2nd Septemeber and may add to it when necessary (like after Forsyth's injury), we will be continually looking at players or do you think that 1st Jan PC goes with his list and they start from scratch? I guarantee we are looking at over 100 players, and seeing who can improve us, either now or in the future.

So you now want to question whether Mel knows want he is doing.........My quote was from Mel himself word for word..............

Maybe give Mel a call and ask him if he's got that right, a you do seem to know more than him.....

26 minutes ago, super rams said:

So you now want to question whether Mel knows want he is doing.........My quote was from Mel himself word for word..............

Maybe give Mel a call and ask him if he's got that right, a you do seem to know more than him.....

Where have I questioned MM? I know the quote was from him and have explained what my understanding of the process is from his interview. What do you think it means? When do you think we look at players? Only when the window is open?

18 minutes ago, rynny said:

Where have I questioned MM? I know the quote was from him and have explained what my understanding of the process is from his interview. What do you think it means? When do you think we look at players? Only when the window is open?

Head and brick wall is coming to mind

50 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I do not think this was from you Wolfie20.

Looking at players when the window is open only proves worthwhile when the curtains are pulled back.

16 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I do not think this was from you Wolfie20.

Looking at players when the window is open only proves worthwhile when the curtains are pulled back.

It was me, Rampage. For some the curtains are open but the blinds are shut and they are stood scratching their...head, thinking "Why can't I see?" :lol:

Archived