New striker + LB

Bris Vegas

Lb to compete with warnock

new winger since we only have 3 (including weimman who's not a natural winger)

striker if a good one is available, we don't really need one right now, but If we were to get one I would criticise an Austin or Rhodes that play just as poachers

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

You sound like you know more than you are letting on. Question is though aren't we spent up with FFP in mind?

I'm not quite sure in regards to FFP, but we have a fair few assets on our hands which could easily shift us back in the balance - selling Will Hughes for instance!

I can only assume we're after a more mobile striker - though they won't come cheap. I'd love McCormack here, he seems absolutely ideal if we're going to go down that route.

But my overall preference is to stick with Martin, and play 4-3-3.

3 hours ago, super rams said:

Come January I think we will go for striker that will give us that extra push for promotion and that striker would have to be able get us goals in the prem  & that striker would have to be available of course to come in January.

Only one that springs to mind is Charlie Austin it would cost us approx. £15 million - but he is proven scorer in the prem and at 26 there is still more to come from him. And he is available.......

...and that striker needs to be better than Chris Martin, other wise he will be just siting on the bench... now that is when it gets difficult. 

2 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Reading his replies to this I believe that Super Rams is B4, but with sound grammar...

As for another striker, if PC gets more joy out of the Bent/Ince axis in games I don't think he'll bother.

Left back, potentially a loan in but only if Warnock picks up a serious injury.   From what I've heard and read about max Lowe, he could do a job for the odd game.

There is so much talk about the training facility and bringing youth through into the first team. If we have a promising young left back he should be given a chance. I wonder whether a young Will Hughes would be given a chance in this team pushing for promotion? Under Clough the squad was a bit bare and expectations low, he could afford to bring a young kid into the first team. The higher up the league you go, the less chance youth will get to have a consistent run in the team, irrespective of how much you spend on facilities.

14 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I'm not quite sure in regards to FFP, but we have a fair few assets on our hands which could easily shift us back in the balance - selling Will Hughes for instance!

I can only assume we're after a more mobile striker - though they won't come cheap. I'd love McCormack here, he seems absolutely ideal if we're going to go down that route.

But my overall preference is to stick with Martin, and play 4-3-3.

Couldn't you play him on the left of Martin, he always looked effective cutting in from that side for Leeds, or is that not a goer, in your opinion?

1 hour ago, sage said:

Not remotely convincing.

I will give you 100-1 that we don't sign Charlie Austin for £15m (or more) in the January window.

Can I have them odds on him signing, 10 pound on it :-)

#itk

2 hours ago, SIWY said:

Benik Afobe would be my pick for a striker. Although I haven't seen him play much, so can't comment on whether or not he'd fit in to our side, his goal scoring record speaks volumes (19 goals in 32 league apps according to wiki) and he is young too.

As for left back, not too sure. We've been linked with Marcus Olsson so maybe him?

Working on the premise that if he's an Arsenal player then he must be brilliant?

Exhibit A:

Barnet+v+Arsenal+Pre+Season+Friendly+HVW

5 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Have been told these are the areas we're looking at strengthening in January.

What do you make of it? Perhaps a shuffle in formation is on the cards? A more mobile striker who can come deep and go beyond the last defender in order to give Ince more room in the middle. A Ross McCormack type?

Left-back makes sense aswe don't have much cover there. I'm surprised we're not targetting a new winger in all honesty.

There doesn't seen anything in the McManaman links unfortunately, he'd be an ideal addition IMO.

Went to the races today ,a few ex Derby players there heard similar .LB , Striker / Winger and a midfield player capable of carrying the ball .

First time ever I've been ITK .

16 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Couldn't you play him on the left of Martin, he always looked effective cutting in from that side for Leeds, or is that not a goer, in your opinion?

In my opinion he would be better as a CF. I really like Martin, but there are strikers out there who can do both - drop deep, and play off the defenders' shoulders. They're quite expensve though!

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

Would the honourable gentleman care to clarify that post?

Chances are what I was told months ago, that he would be joining are completely wrong....but at odds of 100-1???! 

Archived