Derby/Derbyshire restaurants/pubfood

Mafiabob

Thought it might be wise to have a thread on what foodie places we've been to in Derby and Derbyshire... Maybe write a little review... Recommendations... Places to avoid... Could have it in association with taste card...:ph34r:

I rate the Blacksmiths loft.... Quality dining 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, mozza said:

The Wheel Inn , Midway , top quality ales and home cooked food ..

Rave reviews from Sir Alex ..

sir-alex-ferguson-came.jpg

Quite often pissed up in there on a weekend!

Didn't Brian Clough live across the road and that's why he knew about it in the first place? Could be BS but that's what I heard.

49 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

Didn't Brian Clough live across the road and that's why he knew about it in the first place? Could be BS but that's what I heard.

Not heard that one , but wouldn't be surprised , some hidden property gems around there , swimming pools , 

snooker rooms etc . You'd not really know as you drive past , cracking views of Bretby anorl

2 hours ago, GeneralRam said:

True story was he had been visiting family and stopped off. Can't remember who in the family, but someone in the pub at the time told me that. Also seem to remember Radio Derby picked up on it too.

Used to watch odd sky games away, just down the road at the Midway Inn.

3 hours ago, GeneralRam said:

Thought God lived in Quarndon.

Trying HIDE burger bar SaturdaynNight...heard decent things about it. On Derwent Street so little walk back into town for some beers and cocktails!

4 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Not been in there, but I like the sound of it.

Yeah, the place could do with a bit of a redecoration and it's very weird as it's like in a basement (under the old Bugsy's which is going to be a Wetherspoons, for those that don't know)

Archived