Have we become too predictable

cloughandtaylor

Watching the Forest and Wednesday game it became clear we lost any hope of dominating the midfield when GT was closed down.  That Clement did not respond tactically in an effort to win the midfield battle befuddled me.  We lost one and drew the other, thanks largely to Carson bailing us out with two amazing saves.  If we don't react when teams take GT out, we likely won't get much from those games, so yes in that respect we are too predicable IMO.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, TETRA said:

YES MOST CERTAINLY

We have become a team that rely on Martin & Thorne way to much, if their both getting the ball & distributing it we normally win at a canter.

If they don't life becomes that much more difficult for us. Ok, we have players like Butterfield & Johnson who can out of nothing ping the ball in the back of the nett, but if we are to make a  top two automatic place we MUST buy another striker in January I feel.

CHEQUE BOOK OUT AGAIN PLEASE MR MORRIS

Sorry Tom Ince & Darren Bent don't cut the mustard for me, Many will think I'm being harsh, but I'm now beginning to realise for all his undoubted ability why no big Prem Club has ever gone for him. He is just NOT consistent enough, looses the ball too much, is obviously moody, & is certainly not a team player in my book.

Saturday at home to unbeaten Brighton may well confirm what I've just said above, let's hope I'm wrong ?.

I don't think that you are being harsh.

On the contrary, for a tropical fish, you're doing great - apart from the bread obsession, but that's only to be expected.

33 minutes ago, super rams said:

.You cannot keep playing the same system 4-3-3 as it gets predictable and we end up like we did against Wednesday -

The Johnson bar rattle was their own doing because of a back pass - in the 1st half how many chances did we create, how many attempts on goal in 45 mins  - A fat zero.

We did not play for a draw, we got the draw because we could not create anything - they knew how to nullify as an attacking force, they actually stopped us from playing not the other way around. That's why some on here were comparing the performance similar to the Forest game.

All the teams that get promoted have a system they play week in week out. No team wins every match, it doesn't mean you have been found out sometimes the team doesn't play as well and sometimes the other team plays better than you, that's football. We are predictable in that we have a way of playing but isn't that what you should have? The whole club from u7s upwards has a certain style they want the teams to play, you best tell them they are doing it wrong. If the passing isn't working go direct. 

Dont barca play 433 every week? They do ok.

32 minutes ago, super rams said:

.You cannot keep playing the same system 4-3-3 as it gets predictable and we end up like we did against Wednesday -

The Johnson bar rattle was their own doing because of a back pass - in the 1st half how many chances did we create, how many attempts on goal in 45 mins  - A fat zero.

We did not play for a draw, we got the draw because we could not create anything - they knew how to nullify as an attacking force, they actually stopped us from playing not the other way around. That's why some on here were comparing the performance similar to the Forest game.

So do all of the top teams constantly change their formations, because if they do I have not seen it.

Was the back pass not due to pressure on the centre back by Bent? Its called forcing an error!

Does the fact that a team with one of the best home records in the division set out to nullify us, rather than the other way round, not tell you anything.

If we were setting up to nullify the opposition at home rather than win games would you be happy?

Unbelievable that this thread has reached 12 pages - on the back of 2 or 3 totally negative and unjustified reactions to ONLY picking up 7 points in the last 3 matches, all against teams who happen to be in the top 7 of the Championship!

I'm out!!!

4 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Unbelievable that this thread has reached 12 pages - on the back of 2 or 3 totally negative and unjustified reactions to ONLY picking up 7 points in the last 3 matches, all against teams who happen to be in the top 7 of the Championship!

I'm out!!!

Splitter!!!!

Given some of the views on here it seems our matches are simple to sort tactically

Opposition manager: "Right lads, you two sit on Thorne stop him playing. That's it, go out and enjoy yourselves, we won't lose, I'm telling you."

Paul Clement: " Right lads play 433. That's it, don't need to think about who we're playing. Go out and keep plugging away, hopefully we won't lose."

Of course Derby will have a plan to address the opposition each time it's not just formations that form tactics. I know Clement said at a Q an A when he first came that he had strengthened the analysis part of the club. Including the only person from Real Madrid he brought over. This is a woman who is expert at editing video footage of matches and the opposition for analysis purposes. He increased that aspect of the club from one person to seven.

4 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

I'm out!!!

Not too sure where you read  that the post was about picking up 7 pts from 3 games?

As it is clear it is not, maybe you can enlighten us all on how a 4-3-3 system works?

Maybe enlighten us how we get from defence to a attacking formation, maybe enlighten us how the midfield works to stop Martin being isolated, maybe enlighten us why all the outfield players from GT upwards could not perform on not only against Wednesday, but 60 mins of the Hull game, the Forest game, these are recent games.

14 minutes ago, super rams said:

Not too sure where you read  that the post was about picking up 7 pts from 3 games?

As it is clear it is not, maybe you can enlighten us all on how a 4-3-3 system works?

Maybe enlighten us how we get from defence to a attacking formation, maybe enlighten us how the midfield works to stop Martin being isolated, maybe enlighten us why all the outfield players from GT upwards could not perform on not only against Wednesday, but 60 mins of the Hull game, the Forest game, these are recent games.

Ahhh those fabled 60 mins at Hull where the whole of the footballing world could witness us collapse and fall apart. Yes. I congratulate you on managing to reach 12 pages based on complete tripe. I don't even think Daveo's poo thread reached such heights and that actually had a point.

Some here seem to have a problem with other fans having a differing opinion to them and as a result consider it proper to throw insults at their fellow Derby fans.  This behavior is not only overbearing and arrogant, it is tiresome and immature.  This is not a  pissing competition, we are Derby fans exchanging views on the club we love.  To disregard other folk's opinion is to ask for the same, so be civil and don't do it.  BTW, this is just the sort of blinkered philistine pig ignorance i've come to expect from you non creative garbage.  You sit there on your loathsome spotty behinds squeezing blackheads not caring a tinkers cuss.......

oops

7 hours ago, super rams said:

The thread is all about one person, and his repetitive anti-Clement rants that have washed around this board from the day of his appointment.

It's called 'Business as usual'

3 hours ago, ramit said:

Some here seem to have a problem with other fans having a differing opinion to them and as a result consider it proper to throw insults at their fellow Derby fans.  This behavior is not only overbearing and arrogant, it is tiresome and immature.  This is not a  pissing competition, we are Derby fans exchanging views on the club we love.  To disregard other folk's opinion is to ask for the same, so be civil and don't do it.  BTW, this is just the sort of blinkered philistine pig ignorance i've come to expect from you non creative garbage.  You sit there on your loathsome spotty behinds squeezing blackheads not caring a tinkers cuss.......

oops

...rotating knives

40 minutes ago, davenportram said:

I actually agreed with the commentators. Wednesday were pressing us in midfield knowing we were going try to pass it round or through then. Hardly any balls up to Martin, so there was nothing forcing there midfield to drop off and protect against runners from midfield.

Can't say I did. Higginbotham was desperate for us to start hoofing it like we were Burnley.

15 minutes ago, Srg said:

Can't say I did. Higginbotham was desperate for us to start hoofing it like we were Burnley.

Didn't he keep saying about Martin being good in the air or something? 

If he'd seen more of Martin then he'd know that Martin only goes for headers if he fancies his chances. Not one to keep jumping up to get hurt for nothing. Not exactly a bruiser like Howard is he?

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Didn't he keep saying about Martin being good in the air or something? 

If he'd seen more of Martin then he'd know that Martin only goes for headers if he fancies his chances. Not one to keep jumping up to get hurt for nothing. Not exactly a bruiser like Howard is he?

Better than the old Conor Sammon College try.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

The thread is all about one person, and his repetitive anti-Clement rants that have washed around this board from the day of his appointment.

It's called 'Business as usual'

Have you read the opening post?

Not a mention of the word 'Clement', but when somebody starts a thread with opinions you don't like, your Blinkers come on and personal attacks start all of which are done to hide the fact that you cannot answer the original post.

You cannot hide from the fact the Sheffield Wednesday's game plan worked, they pressed up high up the field which meant they took GT out of the game - which in turn kept our midfield sitting deep - which in turn isolated Martin. It was not our own game plan -  Its not as straight forward as I have just explained that but I had to make it simple so you can understand what went on - just in case you were watching....

But there again if you are reading this with your own blinkers on -  you probably will not understand a word I have said. :)

I little tip for you, maybe you should read the match day thread page 12 last Friday @ 17.52 - :thumbsup:

Archived