Have we become too predictable

cloughandtaylor

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel all the talk about different 'plans' can be a red herring,  Chelsea won the premier league last year in a very predictable way....a hold-up/target man, skilful players buzzing around him, building on a solid defence and a couple of steady holding midfielders.  If it works you don't need to change it, sometimes the personnel may change to freshen things up, but the system you play doesn't have to change. Not time to panic, personally from the last game I'd just like the passing to be bit sharper, the intensity to be up from the start...and we are a very good team.

27 minutes ago, super rams said:

There has a lot been said on the reasons why we were so poor offensively at Wednesday.

Take GT out of the game and the attacking side of our game goes pear shaped.

When this happens it seems we have no plan B  -

Have we become too predictable to play against?

Not as predictable as the content of your posts.

Criticising the attacking play vs Hull when we were already 2-0 up is at best clutching at straws to justify your argument.

8 minutes ago, super rams said:

Not too so about one game,

Forest, 60 mins of Hull game, Wednesday all in recent weeks.

One game we were just *****, nothing about predictability.

Hull game... we won 2-0 in the most prototypical away performance you could wish for at one of the best teams in the league.

Wednesday game... we didn't lose, again didn't play fantastically well but you could definitely argue we had the best chances.

I would've snapped your hand off at 4 points from Hull and Wednesday away back to back.

Just don't think you're giving any other team any credit whatsoever, nor ourselves for what we do do.

I think the away games have been tough and you can add Blackburn to that. But draws at blackburn and Wednesday and a win at hull ain't bad at all. Our home form has been excellent too. there are certain teams who can stop us playing a bit and Wednesday are certainly one of them. But we still got an away point and near.y nicked it. 

Regarding the Hull game -we dominated for 30 odd mins from kick off, but once Bruce worked out how to stop us - he changed their formation increased their midfield  and in turn kept GT pegged back. That then limited our midfield as an attacking force and isolated Martin.

We spent the remained of the game defending, not because we changed formation and chose to do so , but because they pressed us high up and pegged back GT- we were forced into defending for 60 mins - but we got the win in the end.

2 minutes ago, super rams said:

We spent the remained of the game defending, not because we changed formation and chose to do so , but because they pressed us high up and pegged back GT- we were forced into defending for 60 mins - but we got the win in the end.

Disagree.

6 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Jesus we get 7 points from our last 3 games, all against sides in the top 7 and now we're too predictable...

By your logic every single side in this league is predictable as nobody has a 100% win ratio.

I think you will find Hull have key players out as do Sheffield Wed .

Hull just lost to Leeds after we beat them .

We were humbled by the mighty Forest but we did manage to beat the mighty Cardiff .

Let us see if we humble Brighton 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

I think you will find Hull have key players out as do Sheffield Wed .

Hull just lost to Leeds after we beat them .

We were humbled by the mighty Forest but we did manage to beat the mighty Cardiff .

Let us see if we humble Brighton 

So do we? Hughes, Forsyth and Bryson would walk into most teams in this league, or do these not count?

1 minute ago, curtains said:

1. I think you will find Hull have key players out as do Sheffield Wed .

2. Hull just lost to Leeds after we beat them .

3. We were humbled by the mighty Forest but we did manage to beat the mighty Cardiff .

1. Forsyth, Hughes, Bryson?

2. Not sure how this is relevant. If Leeds can beat us and Hull shouldn't they be top 2 then?

3. We weren't humbled we were just ******* **** on the day

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Forsyth and Bryson really .

Hull had Dawson out and the Owls had Lees out both crucial CBs 

Forsyth is a crucial player for us, one of the best full backs in the league and an attacking outlet to boot, an ever present practically for 2 seasons straight.

Hughes is technically the best player in the league. Our win % when he is playing is ridiculously higher compared to when he's not. Any team would miss him.

You can't say other teams have injuries and just not include ours.

Fact is, you play what is in front of you. Beyond that, it's all guff.

52 minutes ago, super rams said:

There has a lot been said on the reasons why we were so poor offensively at Wednesday.

Take GT out of the game and the attacking side of our game goes pear shaped.

When this happens it seems we have no plan B  -

Have we become too predictable to play against?

I'm guessing you'd prefer the 1884 group to be handing out pitchforks and burning torches, rather than flags, for the Brighton match??

Just now, Srg said:

Forsyth is a crucial player for us, one of the best full backs in the league and an attacking outlet to boot.

Hughes is technically the best player in the league. Our win % when he is playing is ridiculously higher compared to when he's not. Any team would miss him.

You can't say other teams have injuries and just not include ours.

Fact is, you play what is in front of you. Beyond that, it's all guff.

Sheff Wed and Forest should of been beaten by a team going for automatic promotion and that's a fact. 

Archived