Have we become too predictable

cloughandtaylor

Just now, curtains said:

What is arrogant is thinking because we have the best away record in the league we can't improve on it. 

Have you got the statistics then ! 

Never said we couldn't improve, but I don't get how you could be complaining like you are either and citing other teams who have done worse than we have as a shining example.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, emjlc02 said:

I think against Brighton we need to use plan H, go 235 with Baird in the false no 7 position. They wont know what hit them.

When we aren't playing well in a game, why do people always want the change the system, we got a point away from home against a strong side. If we had changed it and opened the game up (as Steve Mc used to sometimes do) and we had lost there would have been uproar on here. The game against Burnley at home I believed Clement should have been more attacking with his changes as the game was there to be won but on sunday we were not at our best and he did the right thing keeping solid and hoping we nicked one which we nearly did. 

On the other side of the coin, Clement brought on another striker just as we were starting to dominate in midfield against Leeds and it killed us as an attacking threat, and left us more vulnerable at the back.

Seems ridiculous when fans talk about managers learning because we don't know half of what PC knows about the game, but from an uninformed outsider like me, it looks like he's tweaked some of his methods and does a lot of things differently now to how he did at the start.

What was said last week......"CC: We have analyzed their weaknesses and we have prepared the players to target them "

I wish I could be a fly on the wall during a discussion about our weaknesses (from an experienced coach, as oppose to the mind of super rams), I'd love to know what conclusions are made. I also wonder if different opposition come to different conclusions about our weaknesses.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2015‎ ‎5‎:‎52‎:‎07‎, super rams said:

Perhaps its......play high pressing game with two attacking midfielders, it keeps GT begged back, that then causes the other midfielders to sit deeper and isolating Martin- place two on Martin and it take him out of the game.......:p

Putting it into practice lays tactician..........

24 minutes ago, curtains said:

What is arrogant is thinking because we have the best away record in the league we can't improve on it. 

Have you got the statistics then ! 

Losing  at Forest wasn't good for my outlook on our away record. 

Top 8 teams in the league away results table

1st Derby played 10 W5 D4 L1  GF 11 GA 5       PTS 19

2nd Bham         P 9  W5 D2 L2  GF 16 GA 9       PTS 17

3rd  Boro          P 10 W5 D2 L3  GF 13 GA 10     PTS 17

4th Brighton     P 9    W3 D6 L0  GF 12 Ga 9      PTS  15

5th Hull            P10   W4 D3 L3  GF 12 GA 8      PTS 15

6th Burnley      P 9    W3 D5 L1  GF 9 GA  8       PTS 14

7th Cardiff      P 9      W2 D5 L3 GF 10 GA 12     PTS 11 

8th Sheff wed  P9      W2 D4 L3  GF 10 GA 13   PTS 10

Hardly terrible form on the road and yes Losing to Forest is never good but get over it S$%£ happens.

The problem as i see it is when teams do that we then tend to sit deep and let them do it even more , we basically bend over and say take me. What we should do is if they press , we press harder . If our centre halfs are near the half way line and our midefielders are deep i their half, then they will have to go back and defend.

If we do that we can scare any team in this league but Johnson and butterfield need to be brave and be full of movement and support martin for it to work, which is exacrly what they were not on sunday.

dads-army-we-re-doomed-navy-home-guard.j

7 minutes ago, Bwash_Ram said:

The problem as i see it is when teams do that we then tend to sit deep and let them do it even more , we basically bend over and say take me. What we should do is if they press , we press harder . If our centre halfs are near the half way line and our midefielders are deep i their half, then they will have to go back and defend.

If we do that we can scare any team in this league but Johnson and butterfield need to be brave and be full of movement and support martin for it to work, which is exacrly what they were not on sunday.

dads-army-we-re-doomed-navy-home-guard.j

But when a good team ( Like Wednesday ) move the ball quick and get themselves out of tight areas time and time again it's very hard to implement that. Sometimes you an only play as well as they other team let you and despite all our good shape and pressing I thought Wednesday were very good in possession of the ball bat the final third and it was hard to win the ball back. 

Fair play to them, thought they played pretty well, just lacking in the final third. 

1 hour ago, gazram80 said:

Top 8 away results table

1st Derby played 10 W5 D4 L1  GF 11 GA 5       PTS 19

2nd Bham         P 9  W5 D2 L2  GF 16 GA 9       PTS 17

3rd  Boro          P 10 W5 D2 L3  GF 13 GA 10     PTS 17

4th Brighton     P 9    W3 D6 L0  GF 12 Ga 9      PTS  15

5th Hull            P10   W4 D3 L3  GF 12 GA 8      PTS 15

6th Burnley      P 9    W3 D5 L1  GF 9 GA  8       PTS 14

7th Cardiff      P 9      W2 D5 L3 GF 10 GA 12     PTS 11 

8th Sheff wed  P9      W2 D4 L3  GF 10 GA 13   PTS 10

Hardly terrible form on the road and yes Losing to Forest is never good but get over it S$%£ happens.

Thanks for this and I think it's significant when you analyze it  

We beat Hull away which was great  .

We have to play Burnley and Middlesbrough away and they will be tough and they both got draws at the IPRO .

We drew with Sheff Wed and Birmingham away  

We have Cardiff away also not easy at all  .

We also have to play Brighton away in the penultimate game of the season which won't be easy

This is why I wish we really could steam roller every team, cus when we don't folks like @curtains & super-dooper WUM @super ram come out swinging, harping on about we should be amazing in every game, cus we're Derby County.

This is why football is such fun, because it's unpredictable and anything could happen.  If it wasn't bookies would go out of business very quickly... 

9 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

This is why I wish we really could steam roller every team, cus when we don't folks like @curtains & super-dooper WUM @super ram come out swinging, harping on about we should be amazing in every game, cus we're Derby County.

This is why football is such fun, because it's unpredictable and anything could happen.  If it wasn't bookies would go out of business very quickly... 

Question will we beat Boro, Burnley and Brighton and Cardiff away all in the top 6

We haven't really been tested away yet .

What is predictable.

That is predictable. . 

I think we should go back to changing the system every game like the first 5 games of the season. It's the only sensible thing to do. 

14 minutes ago, curtains said:

Thanks for this and I think it's significant when you analyze it  

We beat Hull away which was great  .

We have to play Burnley and Middlesbrough away and they will be tough and they both got draws at the IPRO .

We drew with Sheff Wed and Birmingham away  

We have Cardiff away also not easy at all  .

We also have to play Brighton away in the penultimate game of the season which won't be easy

We should be promoted by the time we play Brighton away......:)

1 minute ago, Ovis aries said:

My point is Middles have lost more games than us , so if we have been "worked out" so must they have.

I have no idea I don't watch them week in week out. .

Super Rams has a point though but loyal Derby Fans dismiss other loyal Derby Fans all the time 

Archived