Have we become too predictable

cloughandtaylor

13 minutes ago, Daveo said:

How arrogant is that!

Where do we draw the line in the table for teams we should be beating by fact, anyone below 6th?

Since when has football ever worked like this? 

Boro lost to Bristol at Riverside

Hull lost to Leeds

Burnley lost at home to Preston

Chelsea lost to Bournemouth

Citeh to Stoke

Bayern Munich to Munchonmydadscrack 

Might as well quit football

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, rynny said:

I think you will find that he changed his tactics at 1-0 and we still scored. Clucas was at LB and marking Ince and Maloney didn't follow Christie after moving to LM. So no Bruce didn't figure it out.

I agree we are predictable but not in your way, we are predictable that we will keep it tight at the back and let our attacking players win us the game. We are predictable in that we win games, more than we draw or lose

My point was that everything we do as an attacking force really stems from GT - in recent games when he is taken out of the game we lose ideas as an taking attacking force - Yes, we will win most games where teams come to us and just want to sit back and hold out for a draw Cardiff for an example.

We like time on the ball and we create nearly always from the back and sometimes it can be predictable, -when teams play a high pressing game which in it self can be dangerous to play, to stop us having time on the ball - we struggle. It has happened more than once this season and we need to change our game plan during a game to count teams that press.

Yes, defensively we still look good.

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

I give in .

My expectations are too high .

Predictable at times just like Derby that's me. 

Yes, your expectations are far too high.

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

Weak team put out by them due to injuries and had played midweek. 

Whats wrong with expectations for Derby County.  

That was not a weak team we played. Yes they had players injured but so did we, that's football, you deal with it and they still fielded a strong side. They are just outside the play offs, a top half side playing well.

To think we should be beating them fact is pure arrogance of the highest level. If you think we should be beating everyone outside the top 6 you are in for a very disappointing season.

7 minutes ago, Daveo said:

That was not a weak team we played. Yes they had players injured but so did we, that's football, you deal with it and they still fielded a strong side. They are just outside the play offs, a top half side playing well.

To think we should be beating them fact is pure arrogance of the highest level. If you think we should be beating everyone outside the top 6 you are in for a very disappointing season.

Yes I am I agree. 

I expected us to beat Forest and the Owls with the money we have spent. 

Losing to Forest was so bad for me. 

26 minutes ago, curtains said:

Sheff Wed and Forest should of been beaten by a team going for automatic promotion and that's a fact. 

Daft statement, even going all the way back to 1974/75 when we were league champions, we lost and drew to the bottom team Carlisle without even scoring. Now, that is what you call a fact. 

Watched Barcelona. All their goals come from Messi, Neymar and Suarez. Stop those 3 and they're screwed

Watched Arsenal. They like to play from the wide areas to the inside rather than most teams who go wider the closer they got. Stop them doing that and they're beatable

Man City struggle without Yaya and Aguero. Stop those two and it's in the bag

Bayern Munich don't shoot from distance unless it's Robben. Easy fix. 

But Sunderland. Sunderland are very unpredictable because they don't have any style of their own. They are completely reactive to opponents and it's not easy to identify a proper goal threat. That's the team to copy. 

I like the way Forest figured us out but we went and won since then. Hull figured us out after we were 2-0 up despite Forest showing them how. Wednesday figured us out but created no more than we did. In fact we put the ball in their net once that was wrongly ruled offside and then hit the underside of the bar. 

I can think of a couple of things that are predictable though. And boring. And wrong. Hence why nobody ever agrees.

Barcelona. Figured out by Chelsea years ago. Did the treble.

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Yes I am I agree. 

Did you expect City to beat Stoke? Have you seen Barca's record v Sociedad? Did you expect Real Madrid to get battered at home? Did you expect Man United to get thrashed by MK Dons? Did you expect Bournemouth to beat Chelsea or Boro to lose at home to Bristol or Burnley at home to Preston.

5 minutes ago, super rams said:

My point was that everything we do as an attacking force really stems from GT - in recent games when he is taken out of the game we lose ideas as an taking attacking force - Yes, we will win most games where teams come to us and just want to sit back and hold out for a draw Cardiff for an example.

We like time on the ball and we create nearly always from the back and sometimes it can be predictable, -when teams play a high pressing game which in it self can be dangerous to play, to stop us having time on the ball - we struggle. It has happened more than once this season and we need to change our game plan during a game to count teams that press.

Yes, defensively we still look good.

So we have a way playing, and stick to that every game? @Alpha got it spot on last season, we have plan A and when it is not working with the players that have started we change them for the players on the bench and improve how we implement plan A because it is a bloody good plan and it works a lot more than it does not. I think we just need a slight tweak to be at our very best and when teams press us high we just need to be a bit smarter with minor things, Thorne has to adapt and find the space, as does Ince, a midfielder closer to Martin, Christie to make his mind up early either cross/pass early or take the man on leave him behind, not to try and take him on again. Just little things, easily point out but a while to implement some.

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Did you expect City to beat Stoke? Have you seen Barca's record v Sociedad? Did you expect Real Madrid to get battered at home? Did you expect Man United to get thrashed by MK Dons? Did you expect Bournemouth to beat Chelsea or Boro to lose at home to Bristol or Burnley at home to Preston.

Losing to Forest still isn't out my system sorry it was so hard to take  .

Im overreacting. 

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Yes I am I agree. 

Football doesn't work like that, if it did there would be no point in playing the games.

We've spent £18m, how much have you spent? Oh only £10m....ok we win, shall we call it 2-0?

Yes money spent should raise expectations of where you finish in May but how you get there won't be as straight forward as that. We could lose 5-0 to the bottom 3 sides yet win the league.

It's a tough league, we've been here long enough to realise that by now and £18m doesn't give us the right to think we should beat anyone "fact"

38 minutes ago, curtains said:

You have to look at the trend and style of play. 

Home form has been great and we have won 5 in a row but away form is still a bit hit and miss .

Brighton next so let's make it 6 in a row at home  then 7 with Bristol City  .

So having the best away record in the league counts for nothing then?

5 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Why does it always come down to us playing poor or being too predictable? 

Can an the other team not play well? Such an ignorant view to have. 

Are you saying some people's response to a draw is predictable?

9 minutes ago, curtains said:

Losing to Forest still isn't out my system sorry .

Im overreacting. 

No worries. It was poor. But it wasn't that Plan A was nullified, we didn't use Plan A properly. No width, no patience in the final third and too much dribbling. 

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

Curtains - "We are rubbish away from home!"

Everyone - "...We have the best away record in the league."

Curtains - "But, but... Boro and Brighton have some kind of records"

giphy.gif

What is arrogant is thinking because we have the best away record in the league we can't improve on it. 

Have you got the statistics then ! 

Losing  at Forest wasn't good for my outlook on our away record. 

Archived