Parcel delivery

ossieram

Just had a courier come to my door with a parcel addressed to my wife. I went to take the parcel but he asked for ID, so i showed him my driving licence with my picture and he starts to copy my licence number down, so I took the card away and asked what he was doing. He said he needed the number for proof. I told him he was at the address on the parcel and he had looked at my picture on the licence and that was all the proof he needed and that I would sign for the item. He then said he would not hand over the parcel without the number. Needles to say I shut the door and he left with the parcel.

This is the first time I have been asked for ID at my own house and I've never been asked for my driving licence number.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Daveo said:

I have parcels all the time from DPD with Asos, never once been asked for ID. Have you looked at the tracking to see what they have put as reason for not delivering?

The missus ordered it and the tracking number will be on her table so will have to wait until she finishes work.

Just now, WorksopRam said:

Is it an age restricted product? And do you look young?

They make a note of IDs in shops and that sometimes. 

No and no. I've got a beard with more grey than any other colour and although handsome, not exactly a spring chicken.

Just had a reply of the company and apparently it is something EE insist on. Asked my wife to check her emails and you'll all be surprised to know that on the email it says "you will need to show ID and the driver will take the last 5 numbers" Imagine my shock when she told me she hadn't bothered to read it all :o

It's not for me anyway but she has rearranged the delivery.

Archived