Marcus Olsson

SantosHalper

1 hour ago, satty atwal said:

I dont understand all these "the squads too big comments" whats that got to do with the left back position where we only have one 34 year old steady eddy? Yes the likes of shotton and baird need moving on but we need a left back as we only have one available.... really puzzled by some comments on this one

Because some people are idiots.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

What a ridiculous statement, Ince has been key to us winning some games this season, while Weimann and Bent have been bit-time players at best. Pearce who has just been loaned out hasn't even had a look in due to the form of our current CB pairing, is very good cover.

All those players have quality but only Ince has played consistently (and at times has showed us what he's capable of if inconsistent at times).

Bent, Weimann and Pearce are all great cover players, which are often integral to a squad as injuries are fairly common these days. We saw what Bent can do at the end of last season, 10 goals in 15 games I think. Weimann has been played out of position and Pearce hasn't played at all. Why would you get rid of them?

Saved me a 5 min type up, ditto to everything said here apart from on weimann. He would be my starter on the left every week.

33 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

What a ridiculous statement, Ince has been key to us winning some games this season, while Weimann and Bent have been bit-time players at best. Pearce who has just been loaned out hasn't even had a look in due to the form of our current CB pairing, is very good cover.

All those players have quality but only Ince has played consistently (and at times has showed us what he's capable of if inconsistent at times).

Bent, Weimann and Pearce are all great cover players, which are often integral to a squad as injuries are fairly common these days. We saw what Bent can do at the end of last season, 10 goals in 15 games I think. Weimann has been played out of position and Pearce hasn't played at all. Why would you get rid of them?

Because 'cover' is a crazy, unnecessary concept for crazy people... I mean who needs quality players as cover?

We didn't last season and that worked out so we...

Oh wait...

No need for an apology. Some people simply don't understand that not all signings come off. They believe for everyone we're linked with, unless he signs for the club the person who mentioned them made it all up.

I have nothing to gain from sharing info which is passed on to me. I just do it as I assume most Derby fans would rather know? The 750k was a guess of mine, will be itneresting if that actually is the price.

It's like O'Dowda - because a deal hasn't been completed that means we've made it all up? Not once was it claimed a deal and personal terms had been agreed... 

18 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

No need for an apology. Some people simply don't understand that not all signings come off. They believe for everyone we're linked with, unless he signs for the club the person who mentioned them made it all up.

I have nothing to gain from sharing info which is passed on to me. I just do it as I assume most Derby fans would rather know? The 750k was a guess of mine, will be itneresting if that actually is the price.

It's like O'Dowda - because a deal hasn't been completed that means we've made it all up? Not once was it claimed a deal and personal terms had been agreed... 

Wont stick up for you again then..............:unsure:

8 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Every week! Ok, blown my argument out of the water there fella. I bet you loved Nick Pickering didn't ya?

My opinion our best left winger.... pc obviously disagrees.... you favour whom on the left? Russell runs around gives his all granted..... rarely been any end product this season... camara cant judge him on 10 mins here and there.... who else? Weimann scores goals, is direct, granted loses ball quite often but its in the opposition final 3rd rather thsn in his own half

I work in B&Q in Spondon and whilst arranging the patio section of the shop, Marcus Olsson came up to me and asked if we sold tippex. He said he'd watched something on TV tonight and needed the tippex to cross signature off something.

Not sure what he's referring to but I'll bring any more #ITK info as I get it.

1 minute ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Nico (not Stevie Nic) tweeted that Olsson on his way to Rams. This imo is probably the most ludicrous signing of the season. Warnock has been consistently our best player since the Forest defeat and he's now captain. Got the sinking feeling that PC has too many options and this one in particular makes no sense whatsoever.

This isn't ludicrous in the slightest. We have one recognised left back fit. Forsyth is out for the season and Max Lowe has been ruled out for the rest of the campaign too.

Warnock is 34 and nearing the end of his contract (I think he signed an 18 month deal last January). 

This signing is an addition to an area that possibly needs someone and covers the position going on for the next few years. 

It's probably the signing that makes the most sense this window.

That being said, the squad as a whole has far too many players and needs trimming, just not at LB.

Warnock can't play every game, he's 34. Olsson gives us a more energetic option if we need to attack the oppositions wings a bit. Warnock can come in in games where defense is more necessary and his experience comes into play.

1 minute ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Ok so would u drop Warnock?????? Personally imo he's undropable at the mo as he's consistently excellent and gives 100% to the cause every time.

No I wouldn't but not all signings are for the now. Have a look six months down the road when we're in need of one.

53 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I work in B&Q in Spondon and whilst arranging the patio section of the shop, Marcus Olsson came up to me and asked if we sold tippex. He said he'd watched something on TV tonight and needed the tippex to cross signature off something.

Not sure what he's referring to but I'll bring any more #ITK info as I get it.

It closed down about 5 month ago actually Ralph.

1 hour ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Nico (not Stevie Nic) tweeted that Olsson on his way to Rams. This imo is probably the most ludicrous signing of the season. Warnock has been consistently our best player since the Forest defeat and he's now captain. Got the sinking feeling that PC has too many options and this one in particular makes no sense whatsoever.

Warnock gets injured or sent off on Friday and we are starting Baird there in Tuesday against Preston, sound a bit less ridiculous now?

Not on board with the general consensus here. I admit warnock this season is a vast improvement on what we saw last year and concede he's 100% dedicated every game and he's a great header of the ball for his size ... But it ends there. When he gets beat it's embarrassing; he falls over easily, and he's very limited going forward. Contrast that with the amount of gilt edged chances and lethal crosses someone like Fozzy created. He's our weakest starting player but he works his socks off. The coaches see his limitations and realise we need to upgrade in that position, restoring him to the role of cover player. 

Archived