Announcement/Stadium Expansion?

needles

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@loweman2 

I sit in the west stand with my blanket and flask on the front row directly behind the directors and vip guests etc and last Sunday against Wolves the South stand burst into a verse of "Mel Morris He's one of our own",

it was easy to see that he went bright red in the face but not out of embarrassment it was more I would say pride, perhaps to have 3,000 Derby fans singing that to him was priceless, just for the ten seconds of recognition for the from "his own" was worth more to him than the £400 mil in the bank.

I had the exact same feeling last night when @Inverurie Ram sang it to me:D

Plus I'd like to take full credit for the Mel Morris song, as I posted it on here quite a few weeks ago (DEL liked it!) and it's clearly rooted it's way into the minds of 3,000 Derby fans, I just can't wait for 33,000 fans this time next year when the Uttoxram75 version eventually kicks in and we are all millionaires........Rodney keep spraying!

I sit in the west stand with my blanket and flask on the front row directly behind the directors and vip guests etc and last Sunday against Wolves the South stand burst into a verse of "Mel Morris He's one of our own",

it was easy to see that he went bright red in the face

are you sure you weren't looking at darren wassall?

What would be the point in a stadium expansion? We've struggled to sell out for years and even now we offer tickets that are amongst the cheapest in the division to boost crowds for theoretically low quality opposition. It will be of almost no financial benefit to us, even if we sell out the increased capacity. The money to be gained by reaching the premiership comes from the massive TV deal and will absolutely dwarf the comparatively meager amount raised by 5,000-10,000 additional bums on seats.

Dear Uncle Mel - can we have a big kop please - we've always wanted one  - another 5000 on the SS please

thanks mate

Imagine something like this behind the SS goal , and with all flags scarves etc.

Spartan_Stadium_Expansion.jpg

If you dont effing bounce, would be particularly awesome.

Imagine something like this behind the SS goal , and with all flags scarves etc.

Spartan_Stadium_Expansion.jpg

If you dont effing bounce, would be particularly awesome.

would be mega......as a lad  - I was always jealous of other grounds - as we didn't have a big Kop. Be great get a Dortmund style end - black and white wall!!!

Vicars said it wouldn't be looked at until we're an established mid/upper PL club

There's lots of well-informed types on this forum, so I'd be interested to know how statistically how much of a 'myth' the established PL attendance thing is. From casual observance I feel that 'similar-ish' teams that have got a few PL years behind them aren't exactly beat the fans off with a huge stick...I'm thinking eg West Brom, Stoke? They don't appear to be needing 40,000 seats? Maybe Sunderland are an exception?

The thing with Dortmund, is they had to build a new stadium, but the club and supporters really really wanted to keep the same south end atmosphere which they were famous for. So what did they do? Made sure they build a massive kop into the new stadium. i dont know the stats on who had the biggest English kop pre all seater stadia, was it liverpool, sheff wed, wolves etc. But i do know that Dortmund is the biggest end in European football holding 25,000 behind the goal !

i cant see an english club getting a dortmund style end, until safe standing comes in, and how long will that be?

11 hours ago, jagerbob said:

The thing with Dortmund, is they had to build a new stadium, but the club and supporters really really wanted to keep the same south end atmosphere which they were famous for. So what did they do? Made sure they build a massive kop into the new stadium. i dont know the stats on who had the biggest English kop pre all seater stadia, was it liverpool, sheff wed, wolves etc. But i do know that Dortmund is the biggest end in European football holding 25,000 behind the goal !

i cant see an english club getting a dortmund style end, until safe standing comes in, and how long will that be?

Dortmunds ground was originally built for a world cup. How long before we get one of those?

12 hours ago, jagerbob said:

It think it might have been Holte end at Villa - it used to hold around 24,000 back in the 70's

Archived