Ed Dawes gold.

ollycutts1982

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoy his commentary and when I have to listen to the radio (like I've had to this week) it's good to feel like you've got someone taking you through the game who actually knows what they're talking about with regards to DCFC. 

He and the rest of the commentary team are obviously good pals which allows for that on air chemistry and banter between mates, and the passion they all have for Derby is clear to see (hear) which can only be a good thing. It takes us far from the tedious drone listening to the match could be, especially when we're playing out 0-0 draws away to Blackburn.

Keep it up guys

I don't like his childish petulant tone.

Couldn't agree more. I think he forgets he is merely a platform of communication. His tone is tedious and almost bitter at times. He doesn't come across as a well versed journalist and his childlike mentality means we spend 20 minutes of every hour hearing his grating horn bleat on about something he deems unpleasant. Get rid. He bores me, and the overall quality of his delivery is nauseating.

Really ? Why would any Derby fan not want to hear details of the match as opposed to the odd report every 15 mins at best if they have a reporter there?

Dawes relationship with Craig Ramage is one where deliberate winding up of each other is part of the plan.

If we went back to the Graham Richards / Ian Hall partnership now we would find it very laboured and both were pompous windbags at times.

Some people love Keith Lemon, find him funny and entertaining. Personally he makes me want to launch the TV through the window when he comes on.

You will never please everyone with whoever you stick on TV and radio is the same.

Ed and Ramage are fine for me, I accept they may make mistakes, I accept they may see things differently to others but that's football, look at the different views on this forum. 

I love he's a Derby fan and the passion comes through, I'm not tuning into Radio Derby for a unbiased neutral commentators view. 

My only problem with Ed is he's got an unhealthy obsession with trains, although that doesn't effect his commentary so I won't hold it against him.  

Some people love Keith Lemon, find him funny and entertaining. Personally he makes me want to launch the TV through the window when he comes on.

You will never please everyone with whoever you stick on TV and radio is the same.

Ed and Ramage are fine for me, I accept they may make mistakes, I accept they may see things differently to others but that's football, look at the different views on this forum. 

I love he's a Derby fan and the passion comes through, I'm not tuning into Radio Derby for a unbiased neutral commentators view. 

My only problem with Ed is he's got an unhealthy obsession with trains, although that doesn't effect his commentary so I won't hold it against him.  

Agree with every word, especially the top part.

Nothing wrong with Ed, Craig and Owen. They are a good team, work well together and better than quite a lot of local radio stations. Try listening to Notts or Leicester for 5 minutes for poor punditry. And that isn't because of the football.

Comparing Ed Dawes to Keith Lemon is probably a career low point.

For both of them.

Ed Dawes's Gold is a poor sequel to the slick Graham Richards - a bit like Curly's Gold was to City Slickers.

Derby fans were spoiled rotten with Graham Richards. It's unfair to compare his successors with him.

I assume most of Ed Dawes' critics have never listened to other matches on other local radio stations. We still have it better than most.

Derby fans were spoiled rotten with Graham Richards. It's unfair to compare his successors with him.

I assume most of Ed Dawes' critics have never listened to other matches on other local radio stations. We still have it better than most.

this is just your opinion. I think the 'pompous windbag' comment very accurate. 

I wouldn't tune in if Richards came back. I want modern commentary without the constant harping back to yesteryear, which I find boring as hell. 

The current team are fine (as was Colin Bloomfield). 

And I was around in the Brian Clough era so I'm not a kid either. 

this is just your opinion. I think the 'pompous windbag' comment very accurate. 

I wouldn't tune in if Richards came back. I want modern commentary without the constant harping back to yesteryear, which I find boring as hell. 

The current team are fine (as was Colin Bloomfield). 

And I was around in the Brian Clough era so I'm not a kid either. 

Radio Derby commentary is for half fans - proper supporters are at the game.

You don't deserve better.

:p

Archived