Richard Keogh

Ninos

I'd sell him for a more reliable and more intelligent full back, and would do a two-for-one with Christie who is trying to play a game he cannot play.

I did appreciate however, the theater of 'how it should be done', with continued examples of how to play a clearance with the inside of your left foot, after his calamity, followed by him shaking his head. My 11 year old Nephew, who up until that point had no idea of how to do this, came away enriched. Now he can clear the ball. If only Keogh were to learn from this. He wont. He would fit in well with Coloccini. Christ! What a pair they would be.

Wtf

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christies best football was bombing down the wing and either whiping a ball into the box or cutting in and passing it back for a Bamford or a Martin to drive home. What's with these step overs and attempts at nifty dribbling? This clever play isnt what he is good at. He should be doing what he is good at. 

It's true what you say about Ince, but his game isn't to be solid and dependable so that everyone around you is reassured, his is a game of chance, with one coming off eventually. We can forgive him losing the ball, because it probably will not mean a goal against.

I think Keogh has done well this year alongside JS for the reason that JS is Mr Dependable.  Buxton and Keogh were too alike and often went for the same ball in the same way leaving silly space in the box. No one can call Keogh a 'safe pair of hands'.

We all have our favourites, and its fair that he isnt one of mine but while he is a Ram I will wish him the best.

Eventhou he has been better than last season, I'm still suprised by all the praise he has here... Certainly good enough to get us up, but all the ball watching he tends to do is horrendous to watch. And it doesn't happen just occasionally!

I'd prefer selling him during the summer. January ain't good time to let first teamers go. On the other hand, fringe players I'd be tempted to sell if offer is right.

I'd like to see Keogh gain promotion at Derby. Think it'd be fitting, if you catch my drift. Dont think he'd improve Newcastle defence anyway, think he'd get the pa

Romantic fool :)

But I do think he would make Newcastle's defence better. They have Coloccini there after all...

The only flaw in keoghs game is his almost complete unwillingness to work on his left foot - never seen him control or pass the ball with that foot and that makes his passing always look laboured. PC needs to fix that, but otherwise he commands the air like a boss and he Marauds up the pitch like a kaiser and he's got the heart of a lion. He's so good.

9 hours ago, Ninos said:

The only flaw in keoghs game is his almost complete unwillingness to work on his left foot - never seen him control or pass the ball with that foot and that makes his passing always look laboured. PC needs to fix that, but otherwise he commands the air like a boss and he Marauds up the pitch like a kaiser and he's got the heart of a lion. He's so good.

Agree. It's like watching a right footed, downmarket Jake Buxton sometimes, just with less raw machismo.

5 minutes ago, needles said:

How very dare you. :angry:

Not really bothered about being in the minority here, but he's a limited defender who has a big heart. We needed to move on. Shackell is a Rolls-Royce, Buxton is a Reliant Robin.

Archived