transport to games from Cornwall

BodminRam

Does anyone have any suggestions ( apart from moving ) how i can get to not all but some games. my car is on its last legs and i wont risk it. Trains will get me to the match in time, but i can only get as far as plymouth on the way back. with the cost of trains and parking a car in plymouth all day is far too expensive, The one game i was looking forward to was Bristol away, and guess what, its a mid week game with the same problem

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone have any suggestions ( apart from moving ) how i can get to not all but some games. my car is on its last legs and i wont risk it. Trains will get me to the match in time, but i can only get as far as plymouth on the way back. with the cost of trains and parking a car in plymouth all day is far too expensive, The one game i was looking forward to was Bristol away, and guess what, its a mid week game with the same problem

I guess the obvious one is to contact the South West branch of the supporters club. They used to run a coach for every home game I think. Not sure where it starts from mind!

My only suggestion would be to find someone from Cornwall, or at least near who does drive to games and split petrol with them.

I'm from Cornwall, but not currently living there so can't help you out. I used to travel from Cornwall to Derby on the morning of each game with my dad to Bridgwater, Somerset, and then share a car with two Derby fans from there to Derby and back. You could perhaps find someone who lives en route and drive as far as that if you're not willing to risk driving to Derby?

Cheers Kernow, hopefully someone reads this from cornwall and that would be def something i would do

Not even from Cornwall necessarily. I'm not sure to what extent your car is "on its last legs" but if you could get somewhere up the line even as far as North Devon, I'm sure there will be someone.

I'll give you the link to the Facebook page of the West Country branch. I'm sure there are people dotted around Devon or our side of Somerset that would drive to the coach then jump on. You could always see if it's possible to meet somebody in around Devon for example, get a lift with them to the coach, then get the coach there. Will be a bit of a balls ache but it would still get you to the game.

https://www.facebook.com/DerbyCountyWestCountryBranch?fref=ts

many thanks kernow

ITKernow comes to the rescue again. What a guy!

Good chat up line on Tinterweb would be:- 'Beast of Bodmin seeks attractive, older Cornish lady for meals and trips out in her car. Prepared to learn to plat fog. GSOH', :D You may be very surprised at the response.:D

What a great Rams fan you are BodminRam. SkySports and Ramsplayer are good value if you have the cash. Not the same, I know. COYR  (No offence Nintendo)

Archived