Team for Brentford

drgoodspeak

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he'll rest Baird if Thorne is fit!

Carson

Christie Keogh Shackell Forsyth

Thorne

Butterfield Johnson

Ince Martin Russell

Agree. But I'd like to see Bent start ahead of Martin just for the sake of comparing whether our style of play at the moment suits him more than CM. I suspect it will but it would be good to see for certain.

I would keep Christie and Warnock as full backs and bring in Thorne (if fit), Hendrick and Bent for Baird, Butterfield and Martin.

Carson

Christie, Keogh, Shackell, Warnock

Thorne

Hendrick, Johnson

Russell, Bent, Ince

Forsyth would never be in my side but certainly not after Warnock did well against Brentford.

Agree. But I'd like to see Bent start ahead of Martin just for the sake of comparing whether our style of play at the moment suits him more than CM. I suspect it will but it would be good to see for certain.

I'd hope that would be identified in training rather than in games.

I think he'll rest Baird if Thorne is fit!

Carson

Thorne

Butterfield Johnson

Ince Martin Russell

I would go with this altho maybe warnock will be preferred to fozzy and hendo might be pressing butterfield. 

I wouldn't mind:

Carson

Ince Thorne Johnson Russell

Martin Bent

In reality, I think he'll go for:

Carson

Baird Keogh Shackell Forsyth

Thorne

Butterfield Johnson

Ince Martin Russell

I can't imagine he'd drop Christie. Him and Carson were probably our 2 best players against MK Dons...

--------------------------------Carson

Christie------------Keogh--------------Shackell-----------Warnock

----------------------Johnson----------Thorne

Weimann---------------------Ince----------------------------Russell

---------------------------------Bent

Grant/Baird/That Reading guy waiting for an injury/Butterfield/Dawkins/Hendrick/Martin

Not by fans

At the end of the day, fans have just one job to do, and that's to support the team. I know that there are a few on here who are qualified coaches (perhaps not to FIFA level), and by and large they come across as far more measured than some of our more rabid Football Manager 'experts'.

Personally, I'm more than happy to leave it to Clement, and would only wish to cast judgement if he started telling me how to do my 'other' job (the one I get paid for so that I can afford to do my 'real' one of being a nutter and getting behind The Rams).

Carson

Christie  Keogh  Shackell  Forsyth

Thorne
            Hendrick   Johnson

Ince                                     Russell
                       Martin

Based on form I'd play Hendrick ahead of Butterfield, but I can understand if Butterfield is picked to get him some games under his belt and help him settle him. Tough call between the two.

So if yo was the head coach you'd test a system in a league game just to satisfy the fans?

I'm not the Head Coach, I'm a fan expressing a fan's opinion on a fans' forum. As a fan I have a feeling that our current style of play might suit Bent more than Martin. As I don't see the team training I'd like to see for myself so I could make a more informed opinion. Being a supporter of any team in any sport is surely all about opinions. Why subscribe to fans' forums otherwise? It's all coming from a desire to see the team I've followed all my life do well. COYR!!!

Archived