Team for Brentford

drgoodspeak

I'm not the Head Coach, I'm a fan expressing a fan's opinion on a fans' forum. As a fan I have a feeling that our current style of play might suit Bent more than Martin. As I don't see the team training I'd like to see for myself so I could make a more informed opinion. Being a supporter of any team in any sport is surely all about opinions. Why subscribe to fans' forums otherwise? It's all coming from a desire to see the team I've followed all my life do well. COYR!!!

Yes you're right subscribing to a forum is all about expressing opinions as much as it is about challenging them. So don't get all Bent out of shape... this forum also likes its puns!

All I'm saying it that your presented your opinion in a way that suggested PC should try out systems just to satisfy the fans curiosity. I wouldn't want the club I support, having such a fool in charge.

It's PC's responsibility to know the best team and to play it. So I have what people might call 'blind faith' that Bent wouldn't suit this system better than Martin!

Also based on the end of last season, when we did play Bent in the same system, we conceded goals because the ball wasn't sticking.

So I would suggest if we want to see Bent get more play time, we need to try something different, rather then trying to shove square pegs into round holes.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Outside of any misunderstanding my point is that we actually are trying something different this year as opposed to last year. That's why I think it might (just might) suit Bent. My theory/hunch/opinion/ is that we're not playing as much into the centre forward's feet which,as you rightly point out, is not Bent's strength. Maybe we are thereby negating one of Martin's biggest assets and our current style of play could possibly be more up Bent's street.

My team for Brentford would be 

Carson 

Christie   keogh  shackell   warnock 

Thorne

Johnson 

Ince              Martin          Russel 

Bent    

Archived