lets sell out reading

B4ev6is

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find if load of us turn up I think it is much better no one is force to sit down.

I agree with that B4, being forced to sit down has invariably taken the atmosphere away from football in my opinion. Makes it harder to sing. You never see a choir sitting down.

What do you think?

You will have to explain to me why you think it not unreasonable of the club to post me a ticket 4 days before a game.  If it was tomorrow perhaps more understandable. Anyway, I am sure it will not be a sell out, so pay on the day it will be.

With a weekend in play which therefore takes at least one day away, and the fact that their policy cannot be dependant on where people live, so they have to take a view covering the whole of the UK, they are giving themselves a bit of leverage.

If they did post it and it didn't turn up on time, how annoyed would you be then?

With a weekend in play which therefore takes at least one day away, and the fact that their policy cannot be dependant on where people live, so they have to take a view covering the whole of the UK, they are giving themselves a bit of leverage.

If they did post it and it didn't turn up on time, how annoyed would you be then?

That's no reason not to do it - just tell the buyer they will stick in the post Friday afternoon, but whether or not it arrives before Tuesday is not the club's responsibility, therefore giving the buyer the choice whether to proceed or not.

I agree with iRam, seems a bit lazy to me.

In this day and age I can't understand why supporters can't just buy print at home tickets for away games, just as they can for home games. it would encourage more people to go to away games given the ease of use.

That's no reason not to do it - just tell the buyer they will stick in the post Friday afternoon, but whether or not it arrives before Tuesday is not the club's responsibility, therefore giving the buyer the choice whether to proceed or not.

In this day and age I can't understand why supporters can't just buy print at home tickets for away games, just as they can for home games. it would encourage more people to go to away games given the ease of use.

think about it! lol

How many copies (for away games) would you print off and give to mates?

but surely if they can give a ticket a unique bar-code for a reader then you prevent that. Once code has been scanned once then its locked. Works for tickets to them parks, tourist attractions (eg Shard) etc.

yes, but it doesn't stop someone saying "my barcode doesn't work". I've worked the turnstiles. It happens.

think about it! lol

but surely if they can give a ticket a unique bar-code for a reader then you prevent that. Once code has been scanned once then its locked. Works for tickets to them parks, tourist attractions (eg Shard) etc.

yes, but it doesn't stop someone saying "my barcode doesn't work". I've worked the turnstiles. It happens.

Most ticketed events nowadays offer a print at home option, and it's already spread to football. For instance I knoiw Brighton offer it but only for home tickets. Derby have publicly stated we're going to offer it and I'm surprised it's not already available. It will be coming soon when this will cease to be a problem.

Ultimately, if your barcode doesn't work and you can't prove you bought the ticket, then you don't get in.

think about it! lol

think about it lol. 

do you not think companies have ways and means of combating that. This is 2015. You can get on a flight using a barcode on your phone, so an individual barcode on a ticket shouldn't be beyond the wit of a business.

think about it lol. 

do you not think companies have ways and means of combating that. This is 2015. You can get on a flight using a barcode on your phone, so an individual barcode on a ticket shouldn't be beyond the wit of a business.

you cannot hide on a plane though! You can hide in the back row of a 20k+ stadium, easily if not sold out.

you cannot hide on a plane though! You can hide in the back row of a 20k+ stadium, easily if not sold out

I don't understand your point.

The point isn't that you can get in and hide, it is that you can't get in without a valid ticket. Specific barcodes only work once, so if someone as you suggested prints 20 off and gives them to his mates, 19 aren't getting in. And if he is stupid enough to do so and he doesn't get in, it serves him right.

Different football clubs will operate different ticketing systems - clubs are not going to go to the hassle with ensuring these ticketing systems communicate with each other for the sole benefit of away fans being able to print at home.

I still support DCFC on this one - nothing against you I-Ram (I agree the current system needs a much improved method of supporting fans who live a distance away from Derby) but if I was in the club's shoes - I would sooner be in a position whereby I was criticised for refusing to send a ticket out, rather than being criticised for claiming to send a ticket out and that very ticket never arriving. This will lead to hassle on the day of the game with the home club requiring duplicate tickets to be issued.

This has happened once to me with Blackpool away a couple of years back - thankfully the only good thing Blackpool have done was issue duplicate tickets with no hassle factor involved at all. Proof of my name was all that was required - DCFC knew the seat number which they always make a note of before issuing away tickets. 

I don't understand your point.

The point isn't that you can get in and hide, it is that you can't get in without a valid ticket. Specific barcodes only work once, so if someone as you suggested prints 20 off and gives them to his mates, 19 aren't getting in. And if he is stupid enough to do so and he doesn't get in, it serves him right.

You're just a big cuddly fluffy hon aren't you....:p

That sort of line gets you nowhere with your average cockernee

well, you're both wrong. A couple of seasons ago, and people will probably remember me posting about it on here, I bought one of those four game plans (Forest, Leic, Leeds, Peterbro) for £100. The first two tickets didn't work, the replacement tickets for the 3rd ticket didn't have a barcode on, and the 4th ticket went wrong because the turnstile hadn't rotated fully. ALL four times, I went into the ticket office and they reprinted every time. But I also know, from my time as a steward helping out on the turnstiles, that some times the person will push the turnstile before they get into it (sometimes trapping their head), and the barcode will read as scanned and the turnstile not work, but that person will be let in.

well, you're both wrong. A couple of seasons ago, and people will probably remember me posting about it on here, I bought one of those four game plans (Forest, Leic, Leeds, Peterbro) for £100. The first two tickets didn't work, the replacement tickets for the 3rd ticket didn't have a barcode on, and the 4th ticket went wrong because the turnstile hadn't rotated fully. ALL four times, I went into the ticket office and they reprinted every time. But I also know, from my time as a steward helping out on the turnstiles, that some times the person will push the turnstile before they get into it (sometimes trapping their head), and the barcode will read as scanned and the turnstile not work, but that person will be let in.

None of that is relevant to the point. It just highlights poor practice on Derby's part.

If you have a bar coded print at home ticket you are normally required to present the card it was paid on if there's a problem. That rules out all these people you think will try and get in with a fake.

To take you scenario of someone printing loads at home and giving them to his mates. One person will get in. Hopefully it will be the person who bought it. if not, if he presents the card he used to buy it, he will be let in and the other person who beat him to it will be ejected (or they both will for printing/receiving fake tickets). Anyone else trying to get in and whose barcode failed will not be able to present the car used to buy the tickets and so won't be allowed in.

It's very simply really. 

Archived