lets sell out reading

B4ev6is

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

same, i'll be there, hope it's a good atmosphere! COYR, also anyone know if you get ID'd or anything on the gate? I got an 18-24 ticket despite being 25, cheekily hoping to get away with it, is it electronic turnstiles? do they check or owt?

same, i'll be there, hope it's a good atmosphere! COYR, also anyone know if you get ID'd or anything on the gate? I got an 18-24 ticket despite being 25, cheekily hoping to get away with it, is it electronic turnstiles? do they check or owt?

You should be ok but don't do it again otherwise you're in trouble. Anyway should be good on Tuesday at least we're not Ipsh*te lol. 

Allocation only 1.6k so a sellout is possible not that I'm bothered how many we sell.

Midweek, no trains running after the game so a couple hour drive will put a lot off.

Cant understand why train companies don't run football special train service. Lower the fare, football ticket needed for purchase. And gives Boycie more train numbers to collect 

I'd say the Harvester on Basingstoke road, I've parked in there as well for the last two trips.

As the ground is stuck on near the Motorway in an industrial estate, pubs are very limited. The only ones in close walking distance are the Post House (you won't get in there I promise), or the Harvester one on the Basingstoke Road (old A33 road that is). The Harvester will be good for families though and reliable for pub food before the match. The other option, The Engineers Arms in Whitley, closed down recently due to the number of fights in there - nothing to do with the football though - just the local folk enjoying themselves at the weekend. 

Your best bet is to use the town centre for pre-match beer and then make use of that wonderful number 79 bus again. Most pubs in the town centre are strictly non-football colours though. So unless you cover up well be prepared to get turned around. If you've come by train or want to be close to the bus stop you can try the Three Guineas at the station. The Forum opposite the station, which used to be the Firkin, will only let you in if they don't think you're a football fan! For full information on Reading pubs try www.readingpubs.co.uk

You're more than likely all coloured-up for your away trip - in which case you might as well buy beer inside the ground. Normal rules apply - you can buy beer up to 15 minutes before the kick-off assuming they have the same rule for away fans. The options are pints of Courage Best Bitter, Forsters lager or Guiness.

If you don't mind a bit of a drive or a long walk, or just fancy beating the parking and traffic problems, then you can try the pubs outside of town in the other direction.

(From Reading FC stadium guide)

the only person expecting 10k at MK Dons and selling out at Reading on a Thesday night is YOU. 

Actually that's wrong, B4 said 5k in the MK thread and I may have said if we don't take at least 9k I'll be disappointed even tho I'm not going.

It would help us Plastics if the club was more flexible. Couldn't commit to going until Friday, and therefore rang 14.00 in the afternoon to be told the only way I could buy tickets was on a collect from ground basis. What's that all about - nice 360 mile round trip just to get the tickets?  4 days before the game (3 postal days) and the club is in lock down. I can ring tomorrow to find if I can pay on the gate Tuesday, but really is that any way to treat even a half fan? We certainly hadn't sold our allocation on Friday.

Archived