San Marino v England

Mr. P

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mixed fortunes for the usual whipping boys in these qualifiers. Granted, San Marino and Andorra have been given their traditional beatings, but the Faroes have won a couple of games, Lichtenstein have won one, and even Scotland have managed to chalk up two or three jammy wins.

How do San Marino actually get into the tournament? The quality of the team is shocking and the pitch/facilities seem dreadful. How do nations get into the qualifiers?

It's about membership in UEFA. For example Gibraltar got their application turned down few times before CAS said it had to be acknowledged. Main reason behind the resistance was Spain as they are worried about Catalans and others who could follow Gibraltar's way. Don't know what has been the situation behind San Marino but I maybe something similar?

I'm fine with these little European countries as they are playing only qualifiers after all.

But Israel's participation is something I'm struggling to understand. They propably can't take care of players security against Palestine, Syria etc. but why they belong to UEFA is beyond me,

It's about membership in UEFA. For example Gibraltar got their application turned down few times before CAS said it had to be acknowledged. Main reason behind the resistance was Spain as they are worried about Catalans and others who could follow Gibraltar's way. Don't know what has been the situation behind San Marino but I maybe something similar?

I'm fine with these little European countries as they are playing only qualifiers after all.

But Israel's participation is something I'm struggling to understand. They propably can't take care of players security against Palestine, Syria etc. but why they belong to UEFA is beyond me,

and the Eurovision Song Contest.

is Turkey in uefa? They'd surely have more of a shout than Israel. 

Arab countries won't play them, so they were admitted to UEFA.

and the Eurovision Song Contest.

is Turkey in uefa? They'd surely have more of a shout than Israel. 

Yes, of course it's in UEFA. Haven't you noticed them playing in European qualifiers for the World Cup and European championships? And even qualifying. They reached the semi-finals in the 2008 European championships.

Archived