Under 21s & Academy 15/16

cheron85

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two for the drop from U21 Division 1 (bottom 3)

10 Middlesbrough U21   22  5  5 12  33  37  -4  20

11  Norwich U21             22  5  4 13  30  50 -20 19

12  Leicester U21           21  5  3  13 22  48 -26 18

Chelsea v Leicester 12.05. 2016  

Leicester need to win to stay up and send Boro down. 

Norwich already down.

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

Arsenal U21s  3 - 1 Aston Villa    FT

Arsenal are promoted as Runners Up to Derby County

Probably fair, as they pushed us (nearly) all of the way. They did seem to put some strong players out in the later stages though.

They won it playing ringers which are allowed. We should have done the same against Arsenal, we lost but got away with it. They made sure of it in the way that i would have. If it is in the rules then it is ok. We will probably need ringers next year to stay up which we must aim to so.

30 minutes ago, Rampage said:

They won it playing ringers which are allowed. We should have done the same against Arsenal, we lost but got away with it. They made sure of it in the way that i would have. If it is in the rules then it is ok. We will probably need ringers next year to stay up which we must aim to so.

The pattern seems to be that we're sticking with the youth players and only drafting the odd overage player in when coming back from injury or in need of fitness. I can't see this changing next year. 

1 minute ago, 11carl00 said:

The pattern seems to be that we're sticking with the youth players and only drafting the odd overage player in when coming back from injury or in need of fitness. I can't see this changing next year. 

Perfect place to cycle squad players against top U21 teams in my opinion. Good experience for our U21s to have games including three squad players in my opinion. More chance of fast tracking players using this idea. Use adifferent three each time.

10 hours ago, Rampage said:

Thanks for all the updates throughout the season. And it's good news that the gooners are up with us as all the fixtures will be a great draw for enticing new talent to Moor Farm.

Of course I agree entirely about doing everything we can to gain an advantage next year, and it has to make the transition from academy to first team easier if the youngsters are always playing with overage players. It's very important for the club that we establish ourselves in the top flight rather than prove a one-season wonder.

Hoping the seniors also go up, it will be an interesting call as to how much development of our best youngsters we choose to do in-house and how many will go out on loan to decent Championship sides. But we can cross that bridge when we come to it...

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Thanks for all the updates throughout the season. And it's good news that the gooners are up with us as all the fixtures will be a great draw for enticing new talent to Moor Farm.

Of course I agree entirely about doing everything we can to gain an advantage next year, and it has to make the transition from academy to first team easier if the youngsters are always playing with overage players. It's very important for the club that we establish ourselves in the top flight rather than prove a one-season wonder.

Hoping the seniors also go up, it will be an interesting call as to how much development of our best youngsters we choose to do in-house and how many will go out on loan to decent Championship sides. But we can cross that bridge when we come to it...

Totally agreed Carl

Division 1 bottom three

10  Leicester U21            22  6  3  13  25  48  -23  21

11   Middlesbrough U21   22  5  5  12  33  37   -4   20

12  Norwich U21               22  5  4  13  30  50  -20 19

Boro and Norwich are relegated to Div 2

Fylkir 0 ÍBV 3  Charles Vernam played the whole game.  ÍBV set up with a 4-2-3-1 system with Vernam playing on the right side in attacking midfield.  He must have had a decent game to not be substituted but he didn't score and had no assist.  The score was 0-2 within a few minutes of kickoff, the last goal coming in the dying minutes. 

As the U21 thread seems to have disappeared (gone to page three of its forum. Goes back to top when a post is made, I think ramit), i will continue this here.

Found a very short video of two goals from last game and a pic of Charles in the thick of it.

Next game will be on the 22nd at 18.00 your time, a home tie against the club i have supported Víkingur, but if Vernam plays i will of course be wanting him to score.  Sorry Víkingur, guess i'm not even a plastic fan.

Archived