Birmingham City v Derby County

Mafiabob

Martin was going down well before he was touched.... Bought it on myself I thought

I'm not sure, but it doesn't matter. We had more than enough chances to score, the penalty is inconsequential. The way many of our boys are shooting at the moment probs would have missed it anyway.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not good enough defensively again. The pressing just isn't there. We don't defend from the front. Don't even bother putting a tackle in until we are on the edge of our own box. Week in, week out. It keeps showing with all the shots we give away and long range goals we concede. Won't get anywhere til we improve on it. It's been an issue for 2 years now. 

lol

Goals. Bananas, another damn deflection. Nice job for our goal:

I have to say, and I thought this during the game. Baird's reaction to that deflected goal is (in appearance) a HUGE negative on his captain credentials.

The sky pundits hyped up Gray and Cotterill so much before the game, yet they didn't get out of our fullbacks shadows. I thought defensively we were great tonight and played like the home side. Birmingham had the first 10 minutes, that was it!!

Going forward we looked more fluid, but understandable a little frustrated at times and probably tried to walk it in too many times in the first half.

Are people rating Russell for his goal alone? His end product was dreadful and he lost the ball on a number of occasions. 

I don't do ratings but if I did, he'd probably get an extra point from me cos his work rate and desire was massive.

Whether he lost the ball or not he was always a threat and it was a great finish but I DO AGREE that he gave the ball away a lot, especially first half he over ran it half a dozen times or more.

Him and Ince got the rest of the team going, Ince needs to be careful not to get too frustrated.

Thought he let a lot go and was absolutely correct for cautioning Martin... Also soft free kicks? Just think it was just tired niggly fouls at the end that happen in most cases

Don't agree that he should have been cautioned. It wasnt a dive. Reminded me of his 2nd against Burnley. 

Don't agree that he should have been cautioned. It wasnt a dive. Reminded me of his 2nd against Burnley. 

soon as he went down I said dive.... Should have smashed it before!

I feel somewhat ambivalent in that we've now taken just 4 points from a possible 12, but I'm reasonably happy with the way we're playing. Unbelievable bad luck for the goal, yet again. You can't rush and press people when they're 30 yards out. No deflection and it's an easy save for Carson and if it had deflected literally anywhere other than right into the bottom corner it would've been fine.

I liked the formation. I liked the positivity of starting with two forwards. I liked how Clement had tweaked the 4-4-2 from midweek, evidently telling Thorne and Baird to push on and not play so deep.

A few complaints.

SHOOOT! ****ing shoot! Russell, Ince. When you are 6-8 yards from goal you do not need to turn inside and beat the man again. Just SHOOOT!

Baird, the Brum goal was bad luck. I've already said that no one can be expected to close down midfielders who are 30 yards from goal, but don't turn around to Shackell and try to put the blame on him.

Martin did get his foot stamped on, but he was already looking to go down and did himself no favours with that weird spasmodic overacted fall. Next time just get your first touch right and bang it in.

Martin was going down well before he was touched.... Bought it on myself I thought

When you're in a hole, stop digging. Stonewall pen. Martin couldn't move because he was being stood on and had to go down. Agreed by all the pundits. You'll think so when you see it on the telly. Terrible decision.

Taken all of about 1 minute of the second half to stand off someone shooting from range. This is an absolute joke. 

I know Russell is fans favourite and everything but he must lose possesion at least every other time he touches it.

been awful today. 2 chances to shoot and didn't either time and wanders round aimlessly if he doesn't have the ball. 

Brum gonna get a 2nd on the counter I can feel it happening.

To be fair to the lads its 2 games in 4 days but can't say it's great football to watch on a Friday night.

weimann coming on for Russell again hopefully :) 

moaning bstrds......glad i don't sit near you lot.

Finally he shoots!!!!

Archived