Harrison Reed

DcFc Dyycheee

Top class on the ball, though. I went to see Saints play Ipswich for a work thing in the Cup last season, he absolutely dominated midfield.  A couple Saints fans I know seem bemused, as he was supposed to be getting game time in the Europa. 

Good to hear.

When I last watched him, which must have been late 13/early 14, he looked incredibly busy. He didn't really impact matters too much other than chasing down the ball and playing it on. 

He's the most capped England u20 player, though. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Tenacious ball winning defensive mid who is determined to not let his man past him. Good short distribution, long needs a little work. Tackling is probably his strongest attribute"

Quote from a Southampton fan. Sounds a bit like Hanson, he could be good in a 4-2-3-1 next to Thorne. 

Both Reed and Hanson were in the England U20 squad for the Toulon tournament. I doubt we'll want to play both. This sounds the sort of loan where we could end up developing other teams' promising youngsters instead of our own. Happily, Clement has shown interest and faith in Hanson so far, so perhaps those fears are baseless, but it seems an odd one when they play a very similar game (but Hanson has a better range of passing and is deadly from a set piece).

I'm all for top quality Premier League loans, but I'd rather they were to fill a gap than mirror one of our own.

"Tenacious ball winning defensive mid who is determined to not let his man past him. Good short distribution, long needs a little work. Tackling is probably his strongest attribute"

Quote from a Southampton fan. Sounds a bit like Hanson, he could be good in a 4-2-3-1 next to Thorne. 

Archived