Live Game Thread 15/16

sage

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, kingsy1884 said:

Dont forget we had a PE teacher in charge for half the season who preceded to turn us in a team who could only pass sideways.

Well I'm cutting him some slack because he did get us to the top of the league around Christmas time but I get your point.

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Watching Burnley. Not very good on the eye are they. 

they never have been.... the burnley fans watching the brighton - derby game on a big screen wasnt just for a result which would favour them. It was so they could learn how to play football as its played in the premier league.

On that... Burnley will come straight back down as they always do... and as Derby did, their style will do them no favours once they lose a game or 2 and their team confidence drops. id even place a bet now that no matter which 2 clubs get promted with them, they will both finish higher than burnley.

3 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Well I'm cutting him some slack because he did get us to the top of the league around Christmas time but I get your point.

In all fairness we were only top for 2 days and personally I feel we got there despite Clement instead of a result of his influence. Whatever the case he certainly lost the plot soon after.

Just now, kingsy1884 said:

In all fairness we were only top for 2 days and personally I feel we got there despite Clement instead of a result of his influence. Whatever the case he certainly lost the plot soon after.

Hey, I don't disagree with you, he drove me round the bend at times, though I thought he tightened us up at the back his insistence at that passing it around the back nonsense instead of looking to attack with pace led to me not mourning the end of his tenure.

1 hour ago, kingsy1884 said:

I really did like a lot of our home performances under Clement in the first half of his tenure. Wolves at H, and the games against shiters Rotherham and Brentford, thought we played really well in an attacking sense. But somethign did go wrong around the time of the Brighton H game, where I remember PC was talking a lot about working on the attacking play in training.
The front 3, and even butterfield and johnson were never the same after that.

Russell, Ince and martins form suffered at one point and we never got close to the best out of them once the rot set in.

I dont blaime PC for this, I blaime his unwillingness to change it to correct it. DW has worked wonders to be fair.

18 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Dembele will be lucky not to sit out the last 2 games on video evidence.

Really poor, seeing as their already missing Alli.

Clattenburg needs to get a grip on it, otherwise the Chelsea players are going to take it into their own hands to sort it out.

They won't let Spurs keep kicking lumps out of them.

He's been way too lenient.

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

This has been a wrestling match. Each team should be down to 9 men

spurs were disgraceful for the last 10 minutes. Standing on players hands and some of those tackles were outrageous. Got proper mardy because they choked on the big occasion

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

This has been a wrestling match. Each team should be down to 9 men

I don't see what Chelsea did wrong other than get the living **** kicked out of them. Did I miss something when i went for a cuppa?

Spurs could and should have had 3 possiby 4 players sent off.

How Clattenburg (who I think is our best ref)  can justify not sending players off there is beyond me.

He's literally let Spurs boot Chelsea all over the park.

Left a really sour taste, thought Spurs had a bit more class than that.

In the end I was cheering for Chelsea and I like Spurs and Pochettino a lot.

I'd be furious if I was a Chelsea fan tonight, if they'd have shown over the season what that showed 2nd half they'd have been champions themselves.

Well done Leicester! 

Archived