Live Game Thread 15/16

sage

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the ref is going to send Vardy off then he had to send Payet off too. While Vardy's first booking was a terrible decision, Payet got a deserved yellow in the first half. If the ref decides Vardy's tumble inside the box was a yellow, why didn't he decide Payet's later umble just outside the box (that he didn't give) was also a second yellow?

And I would have said both penalties that were given were pretty much dives too.

For me, the correct decision would have been to consider Vardy's a "coming together" and not issue the yellow, giving a goalkick. Very difficult game to referee, but it was to much for Jon Moss.

49 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Less of a penalty than West Ham's.

And that was less than the one which the ref ignored for a foul on Huth. At least the ball was coming to him.

For me the two clearest penalties weren't given. Huth's elbow to the West Ham player's face just prior to Vardy's goal and the foul on Huth which eddie mentions. It ended probably the right result, but for the wrong reasons.

Well that refereeing was... interesting. I only saw the second half but Vardy's was probably a dive. Then West Ham's penalty? No chance. No less of a dive than Vardy's. Then Huth get's dragged to the ground in a headlock and the ref ignores it? That's the problem with giving penalties for tussling in the box. It's not consistent. If he gave the Morgan 'foul' on Reid then there should have been 6 or 7 penalties in that game.

One staggering statistic from the game is that West Ham gained a penalty away from home - for the first time since October 2010.

Just bringing up an interesting question.. would Leicester recover from not winning the title?, I think their fans would be very depressed for weeks also and I honestly think they'll massively suffer next season if they failed late on, more than what Liverpool did when they failed at the death.

To come so close and fail would be very cruel 

2 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

Just bringing up an interesting question.. would Leicester recover from not winning the title?, I think their fans would be very depressed for weeks also and I honestly think they'll massively suffer next season if they failed late on, more than what Liverpool did when they failed at the death.

To come so close and fail would be very cruel 

Suspect they're just glad not to be in the predicted relegation battle.

5 minutes ago, froggg said:

Suspect they're just glad not to be in the predicted relegation battle.

I suppose. but the fact their so close to the title it wouldn't be a real downer?, I'd feel sick if coming so close to the title and failing, think how Liverpool fans felt when they failed late on. 

5 points would still be a commanding lead, but with Vardy out for the next game a draw in that game and all of a sudden their run in doesn't look so straight forward with a 3 point lead and Tottenham's superior goal difference.

Archived