Derby County v Middlesbrough

Mafiabob

We are along way from being a team that has any idea where we are going. When Boro go one up they let you have the ball and try to hit you on the break. Possession means nothing against teams that can control the game when they do not have the ball. we were light years behind a very well established side.Hughes is nigh irreplaceable and Ince and Weimann are not doing enough to cause trouble to defenders.We look four players short, two midfielders, at least one fullback and another striker. i remain unconvinced that the squad is responding well to the new regime.Another tough game on friday. We could easily lose that one then we would be playing serious catch up.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Early days, feel more confident about the defence ,just not sure about PC tactics and some team selection,is it nievety or a fear of losing.Dispite  not losing yet 3 points from 3 games considering we have played Bolton and charlton is nt very inspiring.Just hope Pc is on a very quick learning curve.Not to disappointed with tonight's result all in all thou .

Can anyone up Boro's arse explain why? 

Oh they'll get promoted. 

Just why were they great and us crap? 

I saw a different game

Just now leaving a meeting in Raleigh and heading back home so missed the game via radio. What is your breakdown of how we looked mate overall?

Can anyone up Boro's arse explain why? 

Oh they'll get promoted. 

Just why were they great and us crap? 

I saw a different game

seriously m8 you would think we had just been mullered by Real Madrid , when we have everyone fit we won't be far away , for some Derby fans to say boro will win the league easily is just pure stupidity , they might but it won't be easy , we will be fine when everyone is back 

Very limp in the final third but not loads to panic about... 

Very similar to the game towards the end of last season where Bamford nicked it. Nice to see ourselves nicking a point. Didn't look like we were going to score for months but the bottom line is we did and got ourselves something from the game. Big positive! 

Massive positive and the team or teams that do that week after week will be in the

Premier next season,because it's going to be tougher than last year.

I am waiting for the statisticians to let us now how much  possession we had again........and we still did nothing with it!

If it was not for the injuries tonight and PC hand being forced into changes, we may well be still be passing the ball side ways!

Has PC lost for ideas string ideas or just comfortable with not losing?

That's the only positive, we are unbeaten!

I went, and thought we did ok.

As per other posters comments, if Boro were that good they would have won easily.  The first goal was always going to be the most important, and unfortunately we didn't get it.

Boro look good defensively, and we didn't trouble them to much until we mixed our play up a bit, and being there I can definitely say that they were more than happy taking away a point after Russell's goal.

We will remain undefeated this season, and this team will be know as the Derby invincible's.....with 46 points :-D 

We are along way from being a team that has any idea where we are going. When Boro go one up they let you have the ball and try to hit you on the break. Possession means nothing against teams that can control the game when they do not have the ball. we were light years behind a very well established side.Hughes is nigh irreplaceable and Ince and Weimann are not doing enough to cause trouble to defenders.We look four players short, two midfielders, at least one fullback and another striker. i remain unconvinced that the squad is responding well to the new regime.Another tough game on friday. We could easily lose that one then we would be playing serious catch up.

The positive crew will soon hunt you down. Like srg said notice how the positive ones are the ones who didn't go to the game

did anyone else apart from me factor in, after they went ahead on 17ish minutes.........they immeaditely stuck 11 men behind the ball?

not a bad performance. but i do think we need to be a bit more direct sometimes, at points we had the chance to play the ball long, but we slow it down and it ends up going ince--->shackel-->keogh--->shotton etc instead of ince--->long ball to weimann--->maybe chance.

one other thing i feel like mentioning, anyone else think weimann should not be played on the wing? I feel he will be significant better playing more central, next to, or behind martin.

Just now leaving a meeting in Raleigh and heading back home so missed the game via radio. What is your breakdown of how we looked mate overall?

I was at the game and our performance was awful, and I mean awful. Our passing was too slow and Boro let our defenders have the ball. Thorne was poor because Leadbitter and the other midfielders were on him like a rash when he got the ball. We really need an attacking midfielder especially because of all of our injuries. Their goalkeeper played very well. Keogh was the only one who covered himself in glory today imo. Good point against a top,well organised side

Funny the most positive people are the ones who didn't go. 

Hillarious.......always the fans in the ground that know all the truth and can speak for everyone else, and can revel in all their negativity that make the rest of us so proud to be Rams fans.

I didn't go, couldn't take the risk of having to suffer 90 plus minutes sat next to either of you boys.

I'll enjoy a very good point against a very good Boro side. Off to watch some Telly. You two can enjoy pressing the self destruct button, to your hearts content.

I am waiting for the statisticians to let us now how much  possession we had again........and we still did nothing with it!

If it was not for the injuries tonight and PC hand being forced into changeschanges, we may well be still be passing the ball side ways!

Has PC lost for ideas string ideas or just comfortable with not losing?

That's the only positive, we are unbeaten!

I don't think he knows his best team yet,mind you with our dressing room looking like

Holby City,he won't be able to play it yet anyway.

Archived