Derby County v Middlesbrough

Mafiabob

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't see much of a difference, tight game and pretty even as the final score shows.

I'm beginning to think I saw Real Madrid this evening , boro will win the league easy , we are not good enough , ffs the manager has been hammered in midfield with injuries to key players and yet we are unbeaten , safe to say we get them back we will be fine , boro might win the league but it sure won't be easy and for what it's worth I think Derby will win the league 

They have a full strength team and we had Hughes, Bryson out then lost Hendrick and Hanson.

Unfair game to start making comparisons. Even with our injuries they didn't walk away with 3 points or against the mighty Preston

Hendrick and Hanson were pretty poor before they got injured and I don't think that Bryson would have made much of a difference because Leadbitter was shielding the back 4 so well and would have tracked his runs. Hughes would have got roughed up and had a man tight on him like Thorne did. All of this is hypothetical of course. Boro looked so comfortable in defence and as srg said they looked like they could defend till xmas. Karanka's tactics were spot on and other teams will be watching this game on repeats to see how to play against us. In other news I feel so sorry for Dawkins because he would have been perfect in today's game.

Funny the most positive people are the ones who didn't go. 

Exactly. Our  game was dross, all be it their goalkeeper made a few great saves like the ince free kick and the save from the corner. We were shocking, like you said the passing was so slow and so predictable

Amusing looking at BBC Sport.

Christian Suani came on in the 77th minute and committed a foul immediately. He then committed two more before the match ended. Surely a record to be proud of"..............Not!:o

ALSO I much prefer 3 points from 3 games to be a point a game than 2 defeats. Suggests we are getting into our stride. COYR!

Hendrick and Hanson were pretty poor before they got injured and I don't think that Bryson would have made much of a difference because Leadbitter was shielding the back 4 so well and would have tracked his runs. Hughes would have got roughed up and had a man tight on him like Thorne did. All of this is hypothetical of course. Boro looked so comfortable in defence and as srg said they looked like they could defend till xmas. Karanka's tactics were spot on and other teams will be watching this game on repeats to see how to play against us. In other news I feel so sorry for Dawkins because he would have been perfect in today's game.

If Bryson and Hughes were available we may have seen a different formation, different tactics, saying the difference between the 2 clubs is there to be seen with 4 out injured and then using hypothetical feelings is scraping the negativity barrel to a whole new level when we're just 3 games in and the transfer window still open.

Very limp in the final third but not loads to panic about... 

Very similar to the game towards the end of last season where Bamford nicked it. Nice to see ourselves nicking a point. Didn't look like we were going to score for months but the bottom line is we did and got ourselves something from the game. Big positive! 

On what basis is Dawkins not good enough to play for Derby? On the basis he played two games at CM and won MOTM both times? I can't for the life of me understand how you could think such a thing.

Is it personal? Does your missus use his name in bed or something?

because no manager plays him from the start unless it's an emergency , they guys know more than you , 

There is some amazingly negative stuff on here, we dominated possesion against a team that came to defend, two outstanding save from their keeper stopped us scoring, losing two players in the first half to injury and we kept plugging away and got what we deserved.. I.E. we did not lose...

Boro only had 2 shots on target themselves. Anyone would think we just survived the Alamo.

Yes but they controlled the game. They didn't come here to win, they came here to get a draw ala Mourinho tactics and they got what they wanted.. Our performance was terrible but this is a results business so I'm glad that we got a point

There is some amazingly negative stuff on here, we dominated possesion against a team that came to defend, two outstanding save from their keeper stopped us scoring, losing two players in the first half to injury and we kept plugging away and got what we deserved.. I.E. we did not lose...

Possession is so misleading. We had so much possession because Boro allowed us to have it. In fact most of the possession was with our back 4.

Archived