Most Bizarre Injury's In Football History

SuperRams!!!

We have had some good ones this season, Kris Commons made him self doubt for a Champions League match after a wardrobe door fell on him (there's already a thread for that one), Enner Valenca dropped a mug on his foot, putting him out of a match. In 2010 Jermome Boatang injured him self via a drinks trolley. In 1996 Ivan Bonetti got injured as he's coach got annoyed with him and threw chicken at him. It fractured his right cheekbone (I'm not joking, that happened). Anyone else like to add to my list?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paulo-Diogo_original_crop_north.jpg?w=33

This is Paulo Diogo. He caught his wedding ring as he jumped over perimeter fencing whilst celebrating a goal and ripped part of his finger off. He was booked for excessive time wasting by the referee.

One word photoshop 

That's not photoshop it was all over the news, he played the rest of his career missing half that finger (it was later amputated below the joint).

Was it Babayaro who broke his leg celebrating his goal in his first Chelsea game (pre-season)? Didn't make his debut until a year later or something like that? While doing a backwards somersault if I recall.

Was it Babayaro who broke his leg celebrating his goal in his first Chelsea game (pre-season)? Didn't make his debut until a year later or something like that? While doing a backwards somersault if I recall.

There was an Indian semi professional player who killed himself attempting a backflip after scoring a five yard tap in. Peter Biaksangzuala.

There was an Indian semi professional player who killed himself attempting a backflip after scoring a five yard tap in. Peter Biaksangzuala.

Darwinism.

What was the Mart Poom one?:

"we must give Mart Poom a special mention. Poom once seriously injured his ‘gentleman vegetables’ in a charity match for Derby against an Iron Maiden XI. To this day, no one knows how."

What was the Mart Poom one?:

"we must give Mart Poom a special mention. Poom once seriously injured his ‘gentleman vegetables’ in a charity match for Derby against an Iron Maiden XI. To this day, no one knows how."

Found this (no mention of his vegetables though)...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/derby_county/817112.stm

Monday, 3 July, 2000, 10:14 GMT
Poom rocked by Maiden
Derby County goalkeeper Mart Poom was concussed in a friendly match against rock group Iron Maiden before their Tallinn concert on Sunday.

Estonian international Poom was taken to hospital for treatment following a penalty box collision.

A statement from the club for whom he was playing, Flora Amateurs, said Poom had not sustained any fracture to his skull.

Archived