Whisky

SaintRam

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Funny that, can only picture you drinking Special Brew.

Never touched the stuff, more of a white lightening man :p

Love my whisky and the family always deliver.

This year I got the Glenfarclas plus a bottle Clnyelish 14 year old as well as some Aberlour, 3 bottles of Glenfiddich 1 bottle of Monkeys shoulder along with with a Whyte and Mackay and a box with a hip flask and 2 small bottles of Famous Grouse. Won't need to top up until February now.

51 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Never touched the stuff, more of a white lightening man :p

Love my whisky and the family always deliver.

This year I got the Glenfarclas plus a bottle Clnyelish 14 year old as well as some Aberlour, 3 bottles of Glenfiddich 1 bottle of Monkeys shoulder along with with a Whyte and Mackay and a box with a hip flask and 2 small bottles of Famous Grouse. Won't need to top up until February now.

Do you drink it straight? I don't touch spirits, scare the living bejesus out of me. My old man always said that if you don't touch spirits you can't be an alcoholic, mind you he was a piss head, mix (bitter/mild) drinker to his dying day, though it was the smoking that did him in!

11 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Do you drink it straight? I don't touch spirits, scare the living bejesus out of me. My old man always said that if you don't touch spirits you can't be an alcoholic, mind you he was a piss head, mix (bitter/mild) drinker to his dying day, though it was the smoking that did him in!

Always drink the decent malts straight and only add a mixer to the blended stuff that rips at the back of my throat. Most alcoholics can't afford decent spirits and will drink owt that keeps booze in the blood.

On 22/12/2015 at 17:45, Wolfie20 said:

More drink snobbery - just like 'real ale', wine being 'smokey' or with a hint of 'blueberries blended with oak'. Load of old cobblers!

C'mon Eddie, c'mon!!! Bring it on!

There's no point carrying out any sort of dialogue with someone with the taste and drinking habits of a tramp. You stick to your MD20/20 and Carlsberg Special Brew and I'll stick to my St Bernardus Abt 12 and Brasso.

20 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Always drink the decent malts straight and only add a mixer to the blended stuff that rips at the back of my throat. Most alcoholics can't afford decent spirits and will drink owt that keeps booze in the blood.

You been to Edinburgh? There's some amazing whisky pubs up there.

Love a nice red wine myself or a Guinness or 7. They do an amazing stout at the Crown Inn in Beeston

19 minutes ago, philmycock said:

You been to Edinburgh? There's some amazing whisky pubs up there.

Love a nice red wine myself or a Guinness or 7. They do an amazing stout at the Crown Inn in Beeston

I've been saying for years that I want to do a stop over in Edinburgh when we go up to Dundee but have never got round to it.

I'm not a wine lover but don't mind the odd pint or 10 of Guinness if it's served by a landlord that knows what he's doing.

7 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I've been saying for years that I want to do a stop over in Edinburgh when we go up to Dundee but have never got round to it.

I'm not a wine lover but don't mind the odd pint or 10 of Guinness if it's served by a landlord that knows what he's doing.

I totally recommend Fringe Fest and whisky sesh! Not that I drink the stuff but I watch the cognoscenti with a touch of jealousy!

15 minutes ago, philmycock said:

I totally recommend Fringe Fest and whisky sesh! Not that I drink the stuff but I watch the cognoscenti with a touch of jealousy!

No doubt we will be in Dundee at some stage again next year,so it might get cut short by a day or 2 so I can have a night in Edinburgh. Cheers for that. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Opened a bottle of Penderyn welsh whisky last night. A Christmas present.

Never heard of it before but bloody lovely single malt. A slightly sweet finish from the madeira casks presumably.

I got the Ardbeg 10y for Christmas l, great whiskey. If only tried it once before but was desperate to have it again. 

Woild recommend it fully if you like smokey flavours. 

Archived