Whisky

SaintRam

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does a glenfiddich 18 count as a good whisky? 

Good enough for me.

Actually a Meths 18 with a Brasso chaser would be good enough for me.

Nobody drinks Whisky and enjoys the taste, it's the same as Cider and other fads like doing your top button up on shirts and beards, all about the status, look at me I'm cool. it will pass soon enough with everyone jumping on to the next big thing.

10 years ago had you been out sporting a food infested beard with your top button up on your shirt ordering a cider or whisky people would point and laugh, I'm still laughing today.

Next time you pour that whisky or cider, forget about how cool you think you look and actually taste what you are drinking, ask yourself is this an enjoyable drink, the answer will be no, if it's yes you still haven't let go of that I think I'm cool status

£90 for a great whisky ain't excessive. Needs to have some special character in it though.

Like a semicolon?...good idea, might make you think what you are pouring down your colon and never spend £90 on what effectively is a bottle of bleach down your throat ;) 

Nobody drinks Whisky and enjoys the taste, it's the same as Cider and other fads like doing your top button up on shirts and beards, all about the status, look at me I'm cool. it will pass soon enough with everyone jumping on to the next big thing.

10 years ago had you been out sporting a food infested beard with your top button up on your shirt ordering a cider or whisky people would point and laugh, I'm still laughing today.

Next time you pour that whisky or cider, forget about how cool you think you look and actually taste what you are drinking, ask yourself is this an enjoyable drink, the answer will be no, if it's yes you still haven't let go of that I think I'm cool status

Is it cool to drink Whisky now? Bene my favourite spirit for over 20 years. Has to be neat or with ice though. No point in wrecking it with coke

Not interested in blended scotch like Bells, Grouse etc as they generally taste horrible and no wonder people drink those with coke!

I enjoy a single malt but I'm not into the pricing! Is that where the cred factor comes in? Is it cool to drink expensive single malts off the back of the bar now?

I'm most partial to a bourbon. Jack Daniels and Jim Beam were all we could get for a long time, but you drink a Maker's Mark or a Wild Turkey and you start to realise what an enjoyable tipple Whiskey can be

I drink JD with coke. Don't care what anyone thinks of that, I like the taste and I find it far less fattening than drinking the equivalent of five beers. Though, of course, during the day I prefer beer, in the sunshine. 

JD and coke is my relaxing night drink, and no I don't drink it to get drunk. One or two glasses and that's it.

Archived