Whisky

SaintRam

2 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

Get yourself some. They're bloody amazing. 

As soon as I had my first I had to think myself out of having another. 

i wouldn't be able to do that , wouldn't be able to resist another one , 'til they all gone ..

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Chris Mills said:

Strange one here but got given these this morning. Gorgeous. 

image.jpeg

Those would be great, at least for me as I'm soon unemployed and have a lot of free time. Few of those and then to overeaters anonymous and then to the AA-meeting. Perfect.

26 minutes ago, Cisse said:

Those would be great, at least for me as I'm soon unemployed and have a lot of free time. Few of those and then to overeaters anonymous and then to the AA-meeting. Perfect.

I'm in the Automobile Association as well, but we don't have meetings.

18 minutes ago, Cisse said:

Well arrange one. Let me know when and where and bring a few of those pies with you.

If it's pies you want, talk to InverurieRam. They have pies in Scotland containing fried bacon, sausage, egg, black pudding and other wonderful ingredients.

21 minutes ago, eddie said:

If it's pies you want, talk to InverurieRam. They have pies in Scotland containing fried bacon, sausage, egg, black pudding and other wonderful ingredients.

I guess I'm off to Scotland when I get my final paycheck next month.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26 January 2016 at 10:40, SaintRam said:

Just ordered another bottle of Hibiki Japanese Harmony which is quickly becoming my favourite blended. 

Is that expensive? for me you can't beat Grants Sherry cask, sometimes under £15 a bottle.

sherry-cask-video.jpg

Neat, water or ice?  prefer a splash of Buxton water in mine, never neat or with ice. 

ADDING WATER

Whether or not you should add water to your whisky is entirely about personal taste. Many who drink their whisky neat say they do not want to spoil the taste by adding water to it.

However, there are just as many whisky drinkers who say that adding a touch of water, especially soft still spring water will enhance the aroma and flavour of a whisky and bring out the whiskies hidden characteristics. It is worth noting that tap water can contain high levels chlorine and would spoil rather than complement your whisky, if this is the case with your tap water it is best avoided.

The true lover of whisky will drink their whisky as the professionals do, with a little clear water. Adding a little water to whisky before drinking will prevent the strength of the whisky numbing your senses and reducing your enjoyment of the whisky. It is widely said that you should dilute your whisky with a fifth water. Everyone's tastes varies, so its worth adding just a little water at a time to see what you prefer. Having said all that I do agree that some whiskies are best without any water added.

ADDING ICE
Adding ice to your favourite single malt Scotch whisky is such a shame. Putting ice in your whisky will only reduce the temperature of the whisky, freezing its aroma and the smell, and will only dull the taste of the whisky. Many people do add ice, if you are one of them why not try it without, we assure you it will be like drinking a different whisky.

Archived